TOEFL TIP: Test-Taking Strategies
Try these proven tips on test day:
- Follow directions carefully to avoid wasting time.
- Click Help to review directions only when absolutely necessary. The clock does not stop while you are using Help.
- Don't become overwhelmed or panic. Concentrate on the current test question and not on those you have answered.
- Avoid spending too much time on any one test question. If you don't know the answer, eliminate as many choices as possible and select the best choice.
- Pace yourself to allow enough time to answer each question. Be aware of the time limit for each section and budget your time so you don't have to rush at the end of the test.
Ready to take the test? Register Now.