TOEFL® Tip: Writing Exercises
- Make a list of familiar topics and practice writing about them.
- For each topic state an opinion or a preference and support it with evidence.
- Practice planning and writing at least one essay for each topic.
- Be sure to take 30 minutes to plan, write and revise each essay.
- Think about and list all ideas related to a topic or task before writing. This is also called "prewriting."
If you want more writing practice, ask your teacher about ETS's Criterion® Online Writing Evaluation Service or visit www.ets.org/criterion.
Improve all of your skills with The Official Guide to the TOEFL® Test, Third Edition, available in eBook and paper book formats.