TOEFL® Tip: Combine Speaking with Other Skills
Find listening and reading material on the same topic covered by the article. The material can contain similar or different views. (The Internet and the library are good places to find information.)
- Take notes or create outlines on the listening and reading material
- Orally summarize the information in both the written and spoken materials.
- Paraphrase using different words and grammatical structures.
- Put together the material orally by combining the information from the reading and listening materials and explain how they relate.
- State an opinion about the ideas and information presented in the reading and listening material and explain how they relate.
- If the reading or listening material describes a problem, suggest and explain a solution to the problem.
Practice all of your skills with TOEFL Practice Online and receive instant scores to confirm that you are ready for test day.