ETS Classroom Video Library
ETS is pleased to announce the launch of the new online ETS Classroom Video Library powered by My Learning Plan®.
K–12 teachers across the country graciously opened their classroom doors to ETS high-definition cameras that captured real teaching, in real time. And you can see and hear it all, as it happened — authentic and unrehearsed, spanning a wide range of grades, settings and subjects.
Online users can choose a wide-angle view that shows the action throughout the entire classroom or select a dual view that simultaneously shows a close-up of the front of the room. A multidirectional microphone captures not only the teacher's instruction, but also student discussions from all parts of the classroom.
Over 50 unedited and lesson-length classroom videos are currently available online, with more continually being added. They support a wide variety of teacher-effectiveness initiatives:
- Administrators, school districts, states and organizations responsible for implementation of teacher evaluation and calibration work
- Teachers seeking to strengthen their professional teaching skills in accordance with established standards and evaluation rubrics
- Researchers and organizations who master code videos and provide job training for classroom observers
- Principals responsible for staff development programs
- Professional Development (PD) staff and teacher leaders creating PD courses and initiatives
- Teachers and principals participating in peer mentoring
- Professors and instructors responsible for teacher preparation programs
- Educators working with student teachers and beginning teachers
- Instructional designers of online education courses and programs
- PD providers and organizations undertaking PD initiatives
The online classroom videos are searchable by grade, subject and setting (urban, suburban and rural). Plus, users can create, tag, save and share hundreds of video clips in their own personal online video clip library. Instructional artifacts like lesson plans, worksheets and student assignments accompany videos where available. Using the robust My Learning Plan platform, the web-based system can be easily accessed using any personal computer or iPad® tablet. There are no additional software requirements or lengthy downloads.
Every classroom video can be previewed in its entirety online, free of charge, before making a purchase decision. Included in the affordable 12-month licensing fee are the following:
- Full access to all classroom videos and artifacts (where available)
- All video clip capabilities
- All user history data
Schools that would like to participate in filming can contact Walter Rabchuk at firstname.lastname@example.org. Participating schools receive a free, 12-month subscription for 25 users. For pricing information and free previews, visit www.etsvideo.mylearningplan.com.
ETS.org | Praxis™ Home | ETS store | Contact | News