TOEFL scores are accepted for Australian student visas.
Great news for you. Australia. And the world.
For decades, nearly every university and college in Australia has accepted TOEFL scores. Soon, students all over the world, including those from Assessment Level 3 and 4 countries, will be able to use their TOEFL scores to apply for student visas — making it easier to study in Australia.
This means you'll be able to attract more of the world's best and brightest international students to your institution from a more diverse range of markets such as China, India, Turkey, Philippines, Kenya, Vietnam and Pakistan. And with TOEFL scores, you can be sure your applicants have the English-language skills they need to succeed at your institution.
The new visa requirements will take effect later this year, once equivalency scores are finalized. For more information, visit the Australia immigration website.
5 reasons why universities worldwide trust the TOEFL test
- It's the most widely available: It's the one test offered at more than 4,500 testing centres in more than 165 countries worldwide.
- It's the most widely accepted: Scores are accepted by more than 9,000 institutions in 130 countries, including the UK, Australia, the U.S. and Canada.
- It's the most accurate measure: It's a true measure of how well students can integrate the four English skills needed to succeed.
- It's the most fair, unbiased and objective: The test uses a centralised scoring network of multiple raters who independently assess each student's reading and writing skills. Raters are rigorously trained and monitored daily to ensure accuracy.
- It's the most researched: Some of the world's leading experts in psychometrics and statistics developed the TOEFL test based on 40 years of research supporting the design and validity of the test.
Access to TOEFL score reporting services
We have tools that make it easier for you to understand TOEFL test scores and evaluate an applicant's ability to use and understand English.
Online Score Verification: This free service lets you go online and verify that the TOEFL iBT® score sent by the applicant matches the official scores at ETS.
Speech Samples: Use this free service to listen to an applicant's spoken response to an integrated speaking task.