- What are the minimum computer requirements to administer ETS Internet-delivered tests?
Please see Certified Test Administration site (CTAS) Requirements to review the technical requirements for administering an Internet-delivered test.
- How much will I be paid for administering the test?
Compensation is made to your site based on the number of computer workstations provided for each test.
- How many times per year is the TOEFL iBT® test administered?
The fixed-date testing system allows test centers to test more students while reducing administrative requirements. ETS provides test administrations at least twice a month, which test centers may participate in according to local demand and center capacity.
- What is the benefit of Internet-delivered testing?
Internet-delivered testing is designed to capture speech and score responses in an efficient, standardized and fair manner. Internet-delivered testing also lets ETS increase the number of test centers, providing more location options to test takers.
- Would our PCs have to be dedicated to only the ETS tests?
No. Your PCs may also be used for other activities when not used for ETS tests. Most tests are given in language and computer labs and scheduled when the computers are not in use for classes or other activities.
- What are the test administrators' duties?
Test administrators are required to:
- perform a readiness check several days before each scheduled test administration
- complete check-in of examinees
- ensure the security of the CTAS
- write test Center Problem Reports (CPRs)
- coordinate activities with the proctor(s)
- What is the relationship between Prometric® Inc. and the academic test sites?
Under the new fixed-date testing model, most Internet testing sites (about 70 percent) are academic institutions that have a direct contractual relationship with ETS. While the technical and operational support for these sites will be provided by Prometric Inc., the contractual relationship will be between ETS and the sites.
- What is the minimum number of computers that a test site needs?
We'd like each test site to designate at least 15 computers for ETS tests. Our goal is to maximize student access to ETS tests and include as many universities as possible, while operating an efficient test network.
- Does my institution have to test on all dates?
We are asking sites to be available to participate as often as they can. We will send a schedule of test dates in your market. You can select the days you are available.
- What is the process for becoming a test center?
Just fill out the online application form. A representative will contact you and guide you through the process, which includes technical certification, pricing and verification of test site specifications.