You must submit disability documentation if:
- you are requesting accommodations other than 50 percent (time and one-half) and/or extra breaks
- you were diagnosed with a disability within the past 12 months
- you indicate in Part I of the Testing Accommodations Request Form that you have a physical disability or a psychiatric condition, or you check "Other" under "Nature of your disability"
- you are requesting accommodations that are different from those that have been approved by ETS for you within the last two years
- you have not previously used the accommodations you are now requesting
- you are not submitting a Certification of Eligibility: Accommodations History
DO NOT send documentation if you are not required to do so. If documentation is not needed, submitting it will delay the review process. An Individualized Education Program (IEP) or 504 Plan alone may not be used.
Blind or Low Vision
If you are blind or have low vision, you do NOT need to submit documentation if you are submitting a Certification of Eligibility: Accommodations History and you are requesting only accommodations from the list below.
- Screen magnification
- Selectable background and foreground colors
- Large print (test book and/or answer sheet)
- Computer-voiced (GRE® revised General Test only)
- Audiocassette or CD recording
- Braille slate and stylus
- Perkins brailler
- 50 percent extended time (time and one-half)
If you are blind or have low vision, a request for 100 percent extended time (double time) does not require documentation if you are submitting a Certification of Eligibility: Accommodations History and you are requesting braille, a reader, audiocassette or CD recording, or the computer-voiced GRE revised General Test.
If you have low vision or some other condition that affects visual functioning, such as eye coordination difficulty, please refer to the Policy Statement for Documentation of Blindness and Low Vision in Adolescents and Adults.
Deaf or Hard of Hearing
If you are deaf or hard of hearing, you do NOT need to submit documentation if you are submitting a Certification of Eligibility: Accommodations History and you are requesting only accommodations from the list below.
- Listening section omitted (TOEFL iBT® test only)
- Speaking section omitted (TOEFL iBT test only)
- 50 percent extended testing time (time and one-half)
- Extra break(s)
- Printed copy of spoken directions
- Sign language interpreter (for spoken directions only)
- Oral interpreter (for spoken directions only)
- Bulletin Supplement for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-related Needs — for the GRE, TOEFL, The Praxis Series and School Leadership Series tests
- GACE Bulletin Supplement
- Texas Educator Certification Program Bulletin Supplement