How to Register
To register for the exam, you must complete an official scannable registration form (not available in electronic format). Send an email to PRO@ets.org to request the form, which will be sent to you by mail. When you receive the form, complete it and return with payment before the registration closing date to:
ETS Puerto Rico Office
American International Plaza
3rd floor, Suite 315
250 Ave. Muñoz Rivera
Hato Rey, PR 00918
If you are planning to apply to any of the following universities, contact the appropriate admissions office for details on how to register for the EXADEP™ test:
- Universidad de los Andes
- Universidad Industrial de Santander
- Universidad de las Américas en Puebla
- Universidad Autónoma del Estado de México
For general registration information, download the EXADEP Information and Registration Bulletin.
Your Admission Ticket
When you receive your admission ticket, review it carefully. ETS is not responsible for incorrect information printed on your admission ticket. It is your responsibility to notify the ETS Puerto Rico office if you find errors or if you require other changes to your admission ticket, such as:
- If your personal information or score recipient name/institution code number are wrong, complete and submit a corrections form prior to taking the test. There is no charge for corrections or changes as long as they are submitted before you take the test.
- To change a score recipient name and code number after you have taken the test, complete and submit an additional score report request form with appropriate payment (US$20).
- If you want to change your testing location, the fee is US$20. Center changes cannot be guaranteed, but will be made if space and test books are available. On test day, bring your original admission ticket to the center where you would like to test and if the center can accommodate you, you will be given a form to complete. Payment options accepted are: postal money order, personal check (certified) or credit/debit card.
EXADEP Special Test Centers
The EXADEP test is also administered at special centers in Puerto Rico, United States, Latin America and Europe. There is an additional charge of US$50 to test at a special center. To register:
- in Puerto Rico and the United States, follow the same registration instructions found at the top of this page. Include the additional fee with your payment.
- in Latin America (excluding Puerto Rico) or Europe, please complete and submit a Reservation Form for Latin American and European Test Centers Only to secure a seat at a special test center. You must include appropriate payment with your completed reservation form or it will not be accepted.
Note: Within 48 hours of receiving the completed reservation form and payment to test at a special center, the ETS Puerto Rico office will send you test center confirmation information and instructions by email. On the day of the test, you will be asked to complete an official EXADEP registration form at your chosen test center.
ETS may accept registration forms after the closing date, but the $90 registration fee and $30 late fee must be included with the registration form. If these fees are not included, all registration materials will be returned.
Standby testing for regularly scheduled testing sessions is available if you miss the late registration deadline. Standby testing is not guaranteed. It is available on a first-come, first-served basis, and only if centers have sufficient space and materials.
The fee is $135 — the $90 regular test fee plus an additional $45 standby fee — which must be paid on the day of the test.
Contact the ETS Puerto Rico office for available test centers and exact locations.
Test Administration in Latin America
The EXADEP test will be administered in test centers authorized by ETS in Colombia, the Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama and Peru on regular test dates.
Applicants interested in taking the test in other Latin American countries should contact the ETS Office in Puerto Rico for test dates and available test centers. There will be a $50 charge for taking the test at a special center.
Test Administration in the United States
A test center will be established for each administration for those candidates who live in the United States and have difficulty testing in Puerto Rico. Available test centers are located in:
- Arlington, Virginia
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Chicago, Illinois
- Edinburg, Texas
- North Miami, Florida
- Newark, New Jersey
- St. Louis, Missouri
The test will be administered Monday through Saturday, a week before or a week after the regularly scheduled test date. The actual test date may vary depending on the availability of the test center supervisor, and will not necessarily be on a Saturday.
Candidates interested in taking the test in an established test center or in a center other than those listed above should contact the ETS Puerto Rico office.
- Alternate Test Administrations for Religious Reasons
- Test Takers with Disabilities and Health-related Needs