The EXADEP™ test is administered at test centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, Latin America and Europe. View the list of test centers. To register for the EXADEP test, you must complete an official scannable EXADEP registration form (not available in electronic format). To request the form, send an email to email@example.com and provide your name and mailing address. The form will be sent to you by mail. Complete the form and return it with payment before the registration closing date to the address on the form.
- Complete the registration form with a No. 2 pencil; ink or ball-point pens are not accepted. Do not staple or damage the registration form or use registration forms from previous testing years. Be sure you have completed all the corresponding areas and have signed the form before submitting it to ETS.
- You are responsible for ensuring that the name you use to register exactly matches the name on the identification (ID) documents that you will present on the day of your test.
- After your registration form is completed and signed, mail it to the ETS Puerto Rico office. The registration form must be postmarked by the appropriate deadline date. Incomplete registration forms will be returned to you by mail.
- After your registration has been processed, you will receive your admission ticket. When you receive your admission ticket, review it carefully. It is your responsibility to enter information correctly on your registration form, and to notify the ETS Puerto Rico office if you find errors or if you require other changes to your admission ticket.
- If any information on your admission ticket is incorrect, you must complete a Correction and Change Form and email, fax or mail it to the ETS Puerto Rico office. The form must be received at the ETS Puerto Rico office by the Friday before the test date, or you may give it to the test center administrator on test day. Name changes cannot be submitted on this form.
- If your admission ticket does not arrive before the test date, contact the ETS Puerto Rico office by phone or email.
- Test takers in Latin America or Europe: complete the Reservation Form and submit it with the appropriate payment to the ETS Puerto Rico office. The form must be postmarked by the appropriate deadline date. You will receive a notification by email with the test date and time. On test day, you will be asked to complete a registration form for the EXADEP test at the test center. Be sure to write your name on the Reservation and Registration form exactly as it appears on your identification documents you will present on the test day.
If you have health-related needs that require you to bring equipment, beverages or snacks into the testing room or to take extra and extended breaks, you need to follow the accommodations request procedures.
If you are planning to apply to any of the following universities, contact the appropriate admissions office for details on how to register for the EXADEP test:
- Universidad Adventista de Centroamérica, Alajuela — Costa Rica
- Universidad Autónoma del Estado de México — Mexico
- Universidad Autónoma de Yucatán — Mexico
- Universidad de Chile, Santiago — Chile
- Universidad de las Américas en Puebla — Mexico
- Universidad de los Andes — Colombia
- Universidad de Montemorelos, Nueva León — Mexico
- Universidad Industrial de Santander — Colombia
- Universidad San Francisco de Quito — Ecuador
- Universidad Técnica Particular de Lojas — Ecuador
For general registration information, download the 2015–2016 Boletín de Información e Instrucciones del examen EXADEP.
Supplementary Test Centers
If you are in the United States, Latin America or Europe and you are more than 125 miles (201 kilometers) from the nearest center scheduled to give the test, you may request that ETS arrange for you to test at a supplementary center. Your request must (1) accompany your completed registration form, test fee and additional fee of US$50; (2) be received by the appropriate registration deadline; (3) include the name and complete address of an institution and staff member willing to administer the test; and (4) indicate if you would prefer another test date or a refund since centers cannot be guaranteed.
All registration forms mailed and postmarked after the established deadline must include a late fee of US$30 together with the test payment. See Test Dates. If the late fee is not included with the registration form, it will not be accepted and all documents will be returned to you by mail.
Standby testing may be available if sufficient space, test materials and staff are available at the test center.
- Contact the ETS Puerto Rico office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out the available test centers and exact testing locations.
- Report to the test center an hour before the test is scheduled with a completed registration form, payment and valid and acceptable photo identification. Take three or four No. 2 pencils and an eraser.
The standby fee is US$45 in addition to the regular test fee and must be paid on the day of the test.
Religious Convictions that Prevent Testing on Saturday
Individuals whose religious convictions prevent them from testing on Saturday can arrange to test on another date. The test will be administered at the ETS Puerto Rico office on the Wednesday following the published test date. In addition, Sunday testing is available in May 2016 at the Universidad Adventista de las Antillas, Mayagüez, Puerto Rico. Mail your registration form, fees and letter — signed by your cleric on letterhead stationery — confirming your affiliation with a recognized religious body whose convictions prevent you from testing on Saturday. There are no additional fees charged for these administrations.
Retaking the EXADEP Test
You can take the EXADEP test as often as it is offered. You will need to submit a new registration form and pay the test fee each time.