Test Center Policies and Procedures
By submitting your registration for the EXADEP™ test, you are agreeing to abide by all policies and procedures contained in the EXADEP™ Bulletin, on the EXADEP website or communicated to you at the test administration for which you have registered.
- Personal items other than ID documents are not allowed in the testing room. This includes cell phones, smartphones (e.g., BlackBerry®, Android® or iPhone® devices), PDAs, digital watches, smartwatches, and other electronic, recording, listening, scanning or photographic devices. You may not access your phone during the test or during breaks to check messages or to check the time.
- Before the test, you will receive instructions from test center staff regarding where to store personal items. You may also be asked to empty your pockets. You will not have access to your personal items during the test administration except for food, drink, and medication, which may be accessed during a break.
- Personal items such as hats, scarves, jackets and outerwear that are taken into the test room are subject to inspection by the test administrator.
- If you fail to follow the instructions of the test center staff, you will not be permitted to test and your test fee will not be refunded. Any violation of this procedure during the test or during breaks may result in dismissal from the test and/or cancellation of scores.
- Test centers and ETS assume no responsibility for personal items or devices that you choose to bring to the test center.
- If you need testing accommodations or you have health-related needs that require you to bring equipment, beverages or snacks into the testing room or to take extra or extended breaks, see Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-Related Accommodations.
- Dress so that you can adapt to any room temperature.
- Arrive at the test center 30 minutes before the time indicated on your admission ticket. If you arrive late, you may not be admitted and your test fee will be forfeited.
- Bring your admission ticket and identification document(s) to the test center. If you did not receive or if you lose your admission ticket, your name will be verified on the roster.
- Your admission ticket may be used only for the date and test center printed on it. (See Your Admission Ticket regarding instructions for changing your test center.)
- Bring several No. 2 pencils and erasers. Pencils or erasers will not be supplied at the center. Mechanical pencils and pens are not permitted.
- At the test center, check your address on the roster to see if there are any errors.
- If any information on your admission ticket is incorrect, you must complete a Correction and Change Form. The Correction and Change form must be received at the ETS Puerto Rico office by the Friday before the test date, or you may give it to the test center administrator on test day. Name changes cannot be submitted on the correction form.
- Your registration number appears on your admission ticket and you will need to write it on your answer sheet. This number is unique and identifies your registration form. The registration number and admission ticket are not transferable. If you did not receive an admission ticket, ask the test supervisor to give you your registration number or leave this area blank on your answer sheet.
- The test administrator will assign you a seat.
- No one will be admitted after test material has been distributed or the testing session has begun.
- During the test, you must follow the test administrator’s instructions.
- The test administrator is the official timekeeper and will make sure that no one exceeds the time allocated for each section or part of the test.
- You are allowed to use the test book to make any necessary calculations in the math and analytical reasoning sections. All answers must be gridded on your answer sheet.
- During the time allowed to answer each section, you can only work on that section. Make sure you have marked your answers on the correct section of your answer sheet before time ends for that section.
- There will be a short 10-minute break after Section 2. After the break you must return to the testing room on time; exceeding the time limit may be a cause for canceling your test.
- Test-related information written on clothing, ID documents or on any parts of the body is prohibited.
- Test centers do not have large waiting areas. Friends or relatives who accompany you to the test center will not be permitted to wait in the test center or be in contact with you while you are taking the test. Except for ETS-authorized observers, visitors are not permitted in the testing room while testing is in progress.
- Food, drinks, tobacco and firearms are not allowed in the testing room.
- You are not permitted to go outside the test center building unless it is to use the restroom only during the test administration, including breaks.
- On occasion, weather conditions or other circumstances beyond the test administrator or ETS’s control may require a delayed start or the rescheduling of your test.
- ETS reserves the right to take appropriate action and/or notify appropriate authorities including, but not limited to, law enforcement authorities, if a test taker communicates with ETS either verbally or in writing in a threatening or disturbing manner.
Dismissal from a Test Center
A test administrator is authorized to dismiss you from a test session and/or your scores may be withheld and ultimately canceled for any actions that violate the policies and procedures set forth herein and/or communicated at the test center including, but not limited to:
- Attempting to take the test for someone else or having someone else take the test for you
- Failing to provide acceptable identification
- Obtaining improper access to the test content, a part of the test or information about the test. This includes having test questions or answers in advance of the test administration and bringing preknowledge of test information into the test center in any form including, but not limited to, identification documents, prohibited devices and any other method listed as an aid in connection to the test.
- Using or having any prohibited device, including cell phones, smartphones (e.g., Blackberry, Android or iPhone devices), PDAs, digital watches, smartwatches and other electronic recording, listening, scanning or photographic devices, in your possession in the test center.
- Using any aids in connection with the test, including, without limitation: mechanical pencils, mechanical erasers, pens, pagers, beepers, digital watches, calculator, photographic, computing watches, smartwatches, books, pamphlets, notes, unauthorized scratch paper, rulers, highlighter pens, scan pens or scanning devices, watch alarms (including those with flashing lights or alarm sounds), stopwatches, dictionaries, translators, compasses, protractors and any handheld electronic scanning, listening, recording or photographic devices
- Creating a disturbance — Disruptive behavior in any form will not be tolerated. The test administrator has sole discretion in determining what constitutes disruptive behavior.
- Attempting to give or receive assistance — Communication in any form is not permitted during the test administration. Discussion or sharing of test content or answers during the test administration, including breaks, and after the test administration, is prohibited.
- Removing or attempting to remove test content from the test center. Under no circumstances may test content or any part of the test content be removed, reproduced and/or disclosed by any means (e.g., hard copy, verbally, electronically) to any person or entity.
- Bringing food, drinks or tobacco into the testing room
- Bringing a weapon or firearm into the test center
- Leaving the test center vicinity during the test or during breaks
- Leaving the testing room without permission — you are not permitted to go outside the test center building unless it is to use the restroom during the test administration, including breaks.
- Taking excessive or extended unscheduled breaks during the test session. Test center administrators are required to strictly monitor unscheduled breaks and report test takers who take excessive or extended breaks
- Referring to, looking through or working on any test section, when not authorized to do so, or working after time has been called
- Failing to follow any of the test administration policies contained in the EXADEP™ Bulletin or on the EXADEP website, given by the test administrator or specified in any test materials
ETS reserves the right to take all action — including, but not limited to, barring you from future testing and/or withholding or canceling your scores — for failure to comply with test administration regulations or the test administrator's directions. If your scores are canceled, they will not be reported and your registration and test fees will not be refunded. Reports of cheating or fraud will be investigated thoroughly and offenders may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.