Jens Ludwig and Isabel Sawhill, Success by Ten: Intervention Early, Often, and Effectively in Education of Young Children, the Brookings Institution, February 2007.
Daniel P. Moynihan, Timothy M. Spedding, and Lee Rainwater (Eds.), The Future of the Family, Russell Sage Foundation, 2004.
Betty Hart and Todd R. Risley, Meaningful Differences in the Everyday Experience of Young American Children, Paul R. Brookes Publishing Co., 1995.
Anne T. Henderson, et al., Beyond the Bake Sale: The Essential Guide to Family/School Partnerships, The New Press, 2006.
Joyce Epstein, School, Family and Community Partnerships: Preparing Educators and Improving Schools, Westview Press, 2001.
- American Federation of Teachers
- Center for Parent Leadership at the Pritchard Committee for Educational Excellence
- Child Trends (For example, see 25 Things Research Says about Child Development, 2004)
- Children's Defense Fund
- Coalition for Community Schools
- Families in Schools
- Family Literacy Alliance
- Harvard Family Research Project
- National Black Child Development Institute
- National Campaign to End Teen Pregnancy
- National Center for Family & Community Connections with Schools (Southwest Educational Development Laboratory)
- National Coalition for Parent Involvement in Education
- National Education Association
- National Education Association's "Getting Involved in Your Child's Education"
- National PTA
- Parents Step Ahead/Padres: Un Paso Adelante
- PBS Parents
- U.S. Department of Education