The Florida and the Islands Comprehensive Center at ETS is collaborating and leveraging the resources of many organizations. Our partners include:
- The David C. Anchin Center at the University of South Florida (USF)
- JLM Professional Education Services
Located in Tampa, Florida, in the College of Education at the University of South Florida, the David C. Anchin Center was established in 1992. Through its mission and program of activities and research, the Anchin Center strives to assure excellence in the educational future of Florida and the nation. The Center's mission, to promulgate mutually beneficial institutional relationships, supports initiatives that fall under three broad categories:
- Research and Service
- Communications and Information Dissemination
- Policy Advocacy on Behalf of Research-Based Best Practices in Education
Historically, the Center has been a leader in the development and implementation of research sponsored and funded by the Florida Department of Education, the U.S. Department of Education, the National Science Foundation and private philanthropy. This work includes:
- National research on the efficacy of comprehensive school reform.
- State-level research on continuous improvement models.
- School leadership development in Hillsborough County, Florida.
- Professional development of school personnel in schools of need.
The Anchin Center is proud of its long-standing partnership with the Florida and the Islands Comprehensive Center.
For more than four decades, Edvantia has developed knowledge, tools and professional services to improve education. Through work with schools, districts, states, colleges, corporations and nonprofit organizations, Edvantia is fulfilling its mission to transform education through research and development. Today Edvantia is a trusted resource in the Appalachian region and across the nation. Our products have touched students and educators around the globe.
Our core capabilities in research, evaluation, professional development and technical assistance help Edvantia's client-partners succeed in meeting federal and state mandates for high-quality teachers, research-based instructional practices and school improvement.
Edvantia's capabilities and resources are developed and managed by an expert and committed staff of education leaders, researchers, evaluators, trainers, product developers and writers. At Edvantia, we view problems as challenges, clients as partners, and education as a process that transforms lives. Our major projects include:
- Appalachia Regional Comprehensive Center (ARCC) at Edvantia
- Coalfield Rural Systemic Initiative
- Tennessee Exemplary Educators
- West Virginia Parent Connections/PIRC
Located in Quebradillas on the northwest coast of Puerto Rico, JLM was established in 2004. JLM's staff is highly qualified in providing professional development and technical assistance to support the implementation of federal programs to state, regional and district educational agencies that support student achievement and school improvement.
JLM in partnership with the Florida and the Islands Comprehensive Center at ETS (FLICC) collaborates with the Puerto Rico Department of Education and Federal Affairs Office (PRDE/FAO) to enhance capacity to implement and comply with "No Child Left Behind" requirements.
JLM's Scope of Work
- Title I Implementation study of the PRDE Schoolwide Pilot Project
- Parent Involvement Compliance
- Federal Programs Title I Monitoring Plan
- Statewide System of Support
Current Major Projects
- Fortify the monitoring of Title I plans and federal programs
- Collaborate in restructuring monitoring units at the state, regional and district levels
- Provide technical assistance in developing monitoring plans, instruments and protocols
- Provide technical assistance to administrators at all levels on Title I monitoring process
- Develop, administer and analyze data collection processes
- Guide realignment of PRDE Statewide System of Support
- Reviewed and revised guidance documents for implementation of Schoolwide Projects
- Reviewed PRDE Schoolwide Procedural Manual
- Collaborated with PRDE on the development of a new Comprehensive School Plan aligned with NCLB requirements
- Provided professional development for PRDE state, regional, district and school administrators on NCLB requirements and comprehensive plan completion
- Conducted data collection and analysis of Schoolwide pilot project, Supplemental Educational Services and Parent Involvement Compliance of PRDE
- Provided training on identifying scientifically based strategies, parent involvement requirements and needs assessment