NAGS/ETS Award for Excellence and Innovation in Graduate Education
The Northeastern Association of Graduate Schools (NAGS) and Educational Testing Service (ETS) jointly sponsor this annual award given to a NAGS member school in recognition of outstanding contributions in practices from graduate admissions through degree completion.
To encourage, recognize and reward excellence and innovation in domestic and international graduate education at both the graduate school and program level. Applications may relate to any facet of the graduate education process, including outreach, recruitment, selection and admission, retention, and degree attainment. For example:
- increasing the diversity of applicants to graduate programs including the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) disciplines
- using technology to communicate with and attract prospective applicants in new and effective ways
- increasing the number of international students who seek an education at your institution
- demonstrating success in enhancing the quality of the entering class
- improving retention of students in your programs
- programmatic efforts to improve degree completion
Any NAGS member institution or graduate program within a NAGS member institution is eligible for the award. Only one application will be accepted from a given graduate school. The internal institutional selection processes are the responsibility of the Dean of the Graduate School or comparable official.
Awarded annually, each award consists of:
- a certificate of award
- a $2,500 award to the winning graduate program or school for graduate recruitment, admissions or retention programs
- public recognition at the annual meeting of the Northeastern Association of Graduate Schools
A representative from the selected institution must be present at the meeting to receive the award.
|Year||Academic Institution||Winning Submission|
|2012–2013||Stony Brook University||Successful Innovations in the Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology|
|2011–2012||University of Western Ontario||External Scholarship Assessment and Support Program — A New Way of Championing Success|
|2010–2011||University of Buffalo / State University of New York||GrAdMIT: The Evolution of Graduate and Professional Admissions|
|2009–2010||McGill University||The Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies’ Recruitment and Retention Team|
See the NAGS Award Description for information on the 2013–2014 NAGS/ETS Award.
Access the free, official GRE Advisor Kit!
Reach prospects who have demonstrated graduate-level readiness through their GRE test performance — only with the GRE Search Service.
Get the latest news about GRE tests and services delivered right to your inbox.
Best practices, GRE score interpretation data and more. A must-have for any program using GRE scores.