Important resources to help you learn more about the GRE® revised General Test
These online support resources will help you learn everything you need to know about the new score scales, test content, test design and more.
Need more background information? See the special section below, which contains the materials created to help the graduate community get ready for the August 2011 launch of the test.
A Snapshot of the Individuals Who Took the GRE revised General Test >>
This report provides characteristics of interest and performance information for test takers who took the GRE revised General Test between August 1, 2011, and June 30, 2012. The report is intended to help GRE score users understand the scores they receive and to encourage appropriate score use.
ETS Expands Test-taker Friendly GRE revised General Test with New ScoreSelectSM Option >>
The GRE Program continues to make enhancements to provide added value to institutions that accept GRE scores and to encourage more people to pursue graduate or business school. Following the successful introduction of the GRE revised General Test, the GRE Program is now introducing the ScoreSelectSM option as one more enhancement to its more test-taker friendly platform. With the ScoreSelect option, GRE test takers can decide which test scores to send to the institutions they designate, so they can send the scores they feel reflect their personal best.
New Brochures to Help You Get the Most from the GRE Program:
- GRE revised General Test — Helping You Make the Best Admissions Decisions
- Get even more value from accepting GRE scores — 3 Easy Ways
- For Business Schools: To get more highly diverse, highly qualified applicants, make the GRE revised General Test a powerful part of your recruitment and admissions strategy
Read our latest eUpdate issue >>
The May/June issue provides information about the new ScoreSelect option, an update on the GRE revised General Test launch and six ways your institution can get the most out of being a GRE score user.
All About the New Score Scales
Concordance and Other Score Interpretation Information >>
Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning concordance tables, information on the scoring process, interpretive data and more to help graduate and business schools in comparing applicants who took the GRE General Test prior to August 1, 2011, to applicants who took the GRE revised General Test on or after August 1, 2011.
GRE Guide to the Use of Scores >>
Provides GRE score interpretation data and statistical information, including percentiles, concordance information, reliability coefficients and standard errors of measurement.
"Understanding and Using the New GRE Score Scales" On-demand Webinar >>
An in-depth video presentation that will walk you through the new score scales, how to compare candidates on the prior and new score scales, and how to use concordance information. View now! (Approximately 15 minutes)
GRE Score Scales Brochure >>
The New Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning score scales: A helpful overview of what you need to know — provides an in-depth look at the new score scales, the tools available to assist you in a successful transition and other helpful considerations.
GRE Comparison Tool for Business Schools >>
Designed to help newer GRE score users understand GRE scores in the context of GMAT® Total scores, this easy-to-use online tool lets users calculate an estimated GMAT Total score by entering an applicant's GRE Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning scores on either the new or prior score scales.
Understanding the New Score Scales Video (Flash) >>
A brief look at the changes to the Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning score scales, why the changes were made and what benefits the new score scales offer score users. (Approximately 7 minutes)
Sample Score Report >>
A sample of the new score report for the GRE revised General Test.
We're reaching out to the graduate community with important information, tips and timing to help you learn about the GRE revised General Test. Make sure you get all the latest news. Sign up for our eUpdate mailings >>
- Read the current issue — Top Story: ETS expands test-taker friendly GRE revised General Test with new ScoreSelect option
- Special Launch Issue — The GRE revised General Test is here!
- Missed an eUpdate? Check our archive.
- GRE Test Preparation Workshops for Campus Educators — opportunities for representatives from academic institutions to learn about the GRE revised General Test and how to prepare students to test to the level of their abilities. Attendees will be able to serve as campus resources, conducting workshops and training sessions for college-based and university-based test preparation activities. The GRE Program conducts a number of workshops each year. The next workshop will be held in the fall of 2013.
- Upcoming Conferences — opportunities to speak directly with a GRE program representative
Interested in learning more about the GRE revised General Test that launched August 1, 2011? Here are some helpful resources to get you started.
- "Getting Ready for the GRE revised General Test" On-demand Webinar — takes you step by step through the important changes introduced with the GRE revised General Test in August 2011 (approximately 30 minutes).
- It's Time to Get Ready! Your Guide to Helpful Resources — a quick guide, organized by topic, that will help you find the resources you and your colleagues need to get ready for the GRE revised General Test
- Overview video (Flash)
- Understanding the New Score Scale video (Flash)
- A Closer Look at the New Test Content video (Flash)
- Advising Students for Success video (Flash)
- A Good Business Decision video (Flash)
- Around the World video (Flash)
- Creating Opportunities for Success: Fairness and Access video (Flash)
- Introducing the New ScoreSelect Option
- Become a Score User
- 2012–2013 GRE Information and Registration Bulletin
- Test Preparation Materials for Test Takers
- The official GRE revised General Test page on Facebook®
- Start Your Future Now Brochure
Learn more about GRE test takers. View here
Make GRE scores a powerful part of your recruitment and admissions strategy. Learn more >
GRE Search Service, ETS® Personal Potential Index and other tools to help institutions.
Learn more >