The GRE® Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology (BCM) Test was discontinued in December 2016. Scores will continue to be reportable for five years after the 2015–16 testing year.
GRE® Information Bulletin
The 2016–17 GRE® Bulletin provides information about the GRE® General Test, Subject Tests, policies and procedures for testing and GRE services and publications. The policies and procedures contained in the Bulletin are in effect from July 1, 2016, through June 30, 2017.
GRE Test Preparation
ETS offers test preparation resources specifically for educators who help prospective test takers. And if you advise students, it's important to encourage them to use the FREE and low-cost test preparation materials provided by ETS, so they can feel ready on test day.
- GRE Test Preparation Workshops for Educators — One-day workshops given in the United States that provide in-depth information on the GRE General Test and enable attendees to develop and conduct their own campus-based workshops.
- POWERPREP® II Software — Preparation for the computer-delivered GRE General Test. The GRE program encourages schools to download the software and make it available to students on their campuses. (Can be used with PC or Mac® systems)
- Criterion® Online Writing Evaluation Service — A classroom-based tool that offers practice with authentic GRE Analytical Writing topics, and provides holistic evaluations and diagnostic feedback instantly to students and instructors.
- ScoreItNow!™ Online Writing Practice — A web-based tool that helps prospective test takers sharpen their writing skills and prepare for the Analytical Writing section of the GRE General Test. The ScoreItNow! Voucher Service allows sponsors to purchase bulk quantities of ScoreItNow! Online Writing Practice Vouchers for distribution to sponsored examinees preparing to take the GRE General Test. Download an easy to use order form.
For Test Takers:
- POWERPREP II Software — Preparation for the computer-delivered GRE General Test — Free download
- Practice Book for the Paper-based GRE® revised General Test, Second Edition — Free download
- Math Review — Free download
- Instructional Videos on the Khan Academy® Website: Preparation for the GRE® Quantitative Reasoning Measure — Free
- Math Conventions — Free download
- The Official Guide to the GRE® General Test, Third Edition — US$40
- Official GRE® Verbal Reasoning Practice Questions, Volume One — US$20
- Official GRE® Quantitative Reasoning Practice Questions, Volume One — US$20
- Mobile App: Official GRE® Guide — US$4.99
- ScoreItNow! Online Writing Practice — US$20
- Practice books for the paper-delivered GRE® Subject Tests, by title — Free downloads:
- The official GRE General Test page on Facebook®
- GRE Test-taker Brochure
- Free publicity for your recruitment Events
And be sure highly qualified GRE test takers know that YOU accept GRE scores.
Access the free, official GRE Advisor Kit!
Join our mailing list to stay informed about GRE tests and services for score users, advisors and educators.
Helping test takers approach test day with more confidence.