To receive official GRE® scores, your institution or program must first become a GRE score user.
Score Reporting Schedules
GRE® revised General Test score reports are sent approximately 10–15 days after the test date.
Score reports for the paper-based GRE revised General Test and GRE Subject Tests are sent within six weeks after the test date.
Score Reporting Services
The GRE program offers authorized score users a choice of FREE score reporting, in three convenient ways.
- Scorelink® Internet Delivery of Scores — the fastest method of receiving GRE Scores. Data files containing GRE scores are made available approximately twice a week throughout the entire testing year via the Internet.
- Paper Reports — featuring the ETS Security Guard, a special heat-sensitive ink that, when activated, verifies the report’s authenticity. Paper reports are mailed approximately twice a week throughout the entire testing year. Score recipients can choose to receive either one or two copies of score reports, and the reports can be sorted either alphabetically by the test-taker's name within the institution or within the major field or department designated by the test taker. See a sample score report.
- CD-ROM — Disks are produced approximately twice a month. CDs are formatted for IBM and IBM-compatible computers, and the data are in a standard ASCII file.
For all score delivery methods, score reports include the test-taker's GRE scores, mailing address, email address, phone number, date of birth, gender and intended graduate major.
Institutions who wish to receive score reports in multiple formats pay a nominal fee:
- Scorelink Internet Delivery of Scores AND Paper Score Reports — US$300 annually
- CD-ROM AND Paper Score Reports — US$400 annually
For more information about these services, please contact GRE Code Control:
Score Reporting Record Layout
Scores reported via the SCORELINK Internet Delivery Service or the CD-ROM score reporting service are made available to score recipients using a standard record layout.
Institutions implementing an electronic score reporting delivery method should review the optional score reporting record layout (PDF) and sample data file to ensure systems are properly configured to receive the data. Note: Before using the sample data file for testing, the institution code, institution name and institution type fields should be modified to include your specific institutional information.
Now with score data by intended graduate major field. View here
Make GRE scores a powerful part of your recruitment and admissions strategy. Learn more >