- A check in U.S. dollars must be drawn on a bank in the United States. By sending your check, you are authorizing ETS, at its discretion, to use the information on your check to make a one-time electronic debit from your account for the amount of your check; no additional amount will be added. If you do not have sufficient funds in your account, an additional service fee of US$20 will be debited electronically from your account. Contact ETS to learn about other payment options if you prefer not to have your check used in this way.
- If you do not have sufficient credit or funds in your account to cover a registration or service we have processed on your behalf, your scores will be withheld and an additional service fee of US$20 will be added to your account.
- If you do not include the correct fee, your request for registration or service will be returned.
- There are no refunds for additional services.
- Refunds will be made in U.S. dollars.
- Services may be withheld for nonpayment of fees.
- All test fee payments must be made in full, have the correct numeric and written dollar amount, and be received at the regional registration center (RRC) or ETS within 90 days of the date on the payment (e.g., check, money order).
- All outstanding balances incurred from prior ETS tests and/or services must be paid in full in order to register for any future ETS test or service.
- ETS reserves the right to add or remove online payment methods at its own discretion and without notice.
If you cancel your registration no later than four days before your test date, you will automatically receive a refund equivalent to half of the test fee. For example, the deadline to cancel a Saturday appointment at a testing location in the United States is Tuesday. The remainder of your payment will be retained to cover expenses for processing your registration and holding space at the test center.
- Refunds will be in U.S. dollars.
- Cash refunds are not available.
- Refunds will not be given if you do not follow proper registration procedures and/or fail to present the required identification documents at the test center.
- If you are taking the test in Korea, see the specific refund policy for test takers in Korea.
Payments by Credit/Debit Card
- A refund will be processed and credited back to the original credit/debit card or bank account.
Payments by E-Check and PayPal®
- A refund will be processed and credited back to the original PayPal or bank account.
Payments by Check
- If original payment was a check, allow eight weeks after your cancellation for your refund to be processed.
Test Takers in Mainland China
For test takers in Mainland China, you will need to reschedule or cancel your test registration no later than 10 days before your test date. Follow the instructions on the NEEA website for requesting a partial refund and additional payment policies.
Register for the GRE General Test
The official practice tests from the maker of the test gives you the experience of taking the real, computer-delivered GRE General Test and more!
Approach test day with more confidence, knowing you can send the scores that show your personal best — only with the ScoreSelect® option.
Check out our FREE Official test prep and shop our Official Practice Question Guides and more.