Send Only Your Best Scores!
GRE® tests all provide the ScoreSelect® option, which means you can take a GRE test once now, or again in the future, and only send the GRE test scores from whichever test date(s) you want schools to see. Best of all, you always have five years to decide. Here's how it works:
On test day, when viewing your scores at the test center*, you can choose not to send your scores at this time OR you can select either option below for each of your four FREE score reports:
- Most Recent — Send your scores from your current test administration.
- All — Send your scores from all General Test administrations in the last five years.
After test day, you can send additional score reports for a fee and select from these options for each report you'd like to send:
- Most Recent — Send your scores from your most recent test administration.
- All — Send your scores from all test administrations in the last five years.
- Any — Send your scores from one OR as many test administrations as you like from the last five years.
No matter which option you choose:
- You will select by specific test dates, so your scores are all from the same testing session.
- The schools you designate will only see the scores that you selected to send them. There will be no special indication if you have taken additional GRE tests.
ScoreSelect Option Availability
The ScoreSelect option is available for both the GRE® General Test and GRE® Subject Tests, and can be used by anyone with reportable scores from the last five years.
Just knowing you have the option to decide which GRE scores to send to institutions should give you added confidence the first time you take the test. However, if you decide you want to take a GRE test again, that's okay. You can do so once every 21 days, up to five times within any continuous rolling 12-month period (365 days), depending on test center availability.
To help you do your best on test day, you can start getting ready with free and low-cost test preparation materials for the GRE General Test and the GRE Subject Tests — from ETS, the makers of the GRE tests.
*If you are taking the paper-delivered GRE General Test or a GRE Subject Test, you will select your options prior to test day.
Register for the GRE General Test
Check out our FREE Official test prep then browse the ETS Store for our Official Practice Question Guides and more.
The official POWERPREP® II software is as close to the actual test as you can get and it includes two practice tests. Download it today for Mac® and PC use!