Sign up for the FREE GRE® Search Service
Help Potential Schools Find You
Add your unique profile to the GRE® Search Service database. Graduate and business school recruiters around the world use this database to find prospective students like you. If you match their recruitment profile, you could receive information about their programs, admission requirements — even scholarships and fellowships to help pay tuition. Best of all, it’s FREE — and it’s easy to sign up when you create your My GRE Account.
You are given the option of being included in the GRE Search Service when you register for a GRE test or you can sign up anytime by following these three simple steps:
- Create a My GRE Account
- Select the link for the Search Service registration
- Provide the requested information
When you register to participate in the GRE Search Service, your background information, contact information and the broad score bands in which your test scores fall will be added to the GRE Search Service database. Participating schools and fellowship sponsors search for candidates who match their recruitment profile, including searching on broad GRE score bands in combination with undergraduate grade point averages (UGPA).
- For the Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning measures of the GRE® revised General Test, the score bands are six points or greater (e.g., 150 to 155).
- For individuals who took the GRE® General Test prior to August 2011, the score bands are six points or greater (e.g., 150 to 155) based on estimated scores on the current Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning score scales (130 to 170). The estimated scores have been calculated using a concordance table created for each measure to help compare scores from the prior 200–800 score scales to the current 130–170 scores scales.
- For the Analytical Writing measure, the score bands are a half point or greater (e.g., 4.5 to 5.0).
- For the GRE® Subject Tests, the score bands are 90 points or greater (e.g., 600 to 690).
Information on broad score bands or individual GRE test scores will not be part of the output provided to institutions using the GRE Search Service.
Information about you that is provided to participating schools may include any of the following:
- personal information — address, gender, ethnic background, citizenship status, telephone number and email address
- educational/employment background — current educational status, undergraduate institution name, UGPA, undergraduate major and date of graduation, post-graduate full-time work experience
- educational objective — your intended field of graduate work, preference for full-time or part-time graduate study, degree objective, preferred geographic region for graduate study, preferred method of study (e.g., online, on campus) and intended date of enrollment in graduate school
Information collected by ETS for use in the GRE Search Service will be transferred to Hobsons®, the company responsible for administering the GRE Search Service as directed by ETS. By participating in the GRE Search Service, you authorize the transfer of your personal information to Hobsons for the purposes described above. Hobsons is prohibited from using your personal information for any other purposes.
If you choose to participate in the Search Service and would like to unsubscribe at a later date, you may do so at any time by contacting GRE Services.
Register for the GRE revised General Test
Show schools only the scores you want them to see — only with the ScoreSelect® option.
and check out the $4.99 mobile app. Start practicing today!
Get more questions! New Verbal & Quant Guides with 150 never-before-published questions each. Save up to 30% on select test prep now.