Important Information for Test Takers Who Plan to Take the GRE® revised General Test with Screen Magnification or Selectable Colors
ETS is committed to serving test takers with disabilities and health-related needs by providing services and reasonable accommodations that are appropriate given the purpose of the test. Testing accommodations are available for test takers who meet ETS requirements. ETS also makes available free GRE® test preparation material that simulates the experience of testing with accommodations.
If you need screen magnification or selectable colors and intend to request approval for these testing accommodations when you register for the computer-delivered GRE® revised General Test, please download the special version of ZoomText® software below after you download the GRE POWERPREP® II software for PC systems. The screen magnification and adjustable colors provided in this software will mimic the actual operational GRE test experience at the test center.
Please note the following:
- This special version of ZoomText will not work independently of GRE POWERPREP II software.
- ZoomText is only compatible with PC systems.
- Windows® 8 does not support ZoomText version 9.2.
- If you already have an existing version of ZoomText, it is not necessary to remove it from your computer before installing this version of ZoomText.
- If you normally use screen magnification software, it will not work with the practice test in the GRE POWERPREP II software.
Note: If you are a Mac® user who needs screen color or magnification accommodations, you will need to use your own screen color and/or magnification software when taking a practice test.
Register for the GRE revised General Test
Show schools only the scores you want them to see — only with the ScoreSelect® option.
The GRE® Success Starter video and 2nd edition of The Official Guide can help you do your best on the test! Save 30% on select test prep now.