Before you begin the registration process, review the checklist below to familiarize yourself with the various policies and procedures, available services and registration options.
- Check the test fees.
- Read the reschedule and cancellation policies.
- Read and understand the ID requirements. You are responsible for bringing valid and acceptable ID when you report to a test center, and it must match the name you used when creating your account and registering for your test.
- Decide when you would like to take the test.
- Computer-delivered Tests: The computer-delivered test is offered year round on a first-come, first-served basis. View seat availability for your preferred date and location.
- Paper-delivered Tests: See test dates.
- Be sure to allow sufficient time for score reporting when scheduling your test so you can meet the admissions deadlines for the schools to which you are applying.
- Create an ETS Account to get the most up-to-date test center information. Not all test centers are open on all dates.
- Determine which graduate institutions or fellowship sponsors you want to receive your scores. As part of your test fee, you can designate up to four score recipients.
- If you prefer to send score reports later or want to send score reports to more than four recipients, you can send additional score reports for a fee.
- Learn about the FREE GRE® Search Service and how graduate and business school recruiters around the world use it to find prospective students. You will have the option to sign up for the Search Service when you register for the GRE General Test.
Register for the GRE General Test
Show schools only the scores you want them to see — only with the ScoreSelect® option.
Check out our FREE Official test prep then browse the ETS Store for our Official Practice Question Guides and more.
The official POWERPREP® II software is as close to the actual test as you can get and it includes two practice tests. Download it today for Mac® and PC use!