The Name You Use When Registering
- The name you use when you register — and the spelling of that name — must exactly match (excluding accents, apostrophes and spaces) the name printed on the identification (ID) documents that you will present on the day of the test. If it does not, you may be prohibited from taking the test or your test scores may be canceled after you take the test.
- Be sure to provide your entire first (given) name (excluding accents, apostrophes and spaces). Do not register under a nickname and do not register with only an initial as your first name.
- You must supply your entire last (family/surname) name. If you have a two-part last name, be sure to supply your complete last name as it appears on the ID documents (excluding accents, apostrophes and spaces) that you will present on the day of the test. For example, a last name of Fernandez de Córdova would be entered as FernandezdeCordova.
- If you do not have a last or surname, enter your Given Name as your first name and again as your last or surname.
- If you register by phone, please be sure you are registered under your entire first and last names as they appear on your ID (excluding accents, apostrophes and spaces).
- If your online account has already been created, please confirm that the name on your ID documents still matches the name that appears in your account (excluding accents, apostrophes and spaces). If they do not, contact GRE® Services.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your ID documents exactly (excluding accents, apostrophes and spaces) match the name you used when you registered.
Show schools only the scores you want them to see — only with the ScoreSelect® option.
and check out the $4.99 mobile app. Start practicing today!
The GRE® Success Starter video and 2nd edition of The Official Guide can help you do your best on the test! Save 30% on select test prep now.