- The name you use when you register — and the spelling of that name — must exactly match (excluding accents, apostrophes and spaces) the name printed on the identification (ID) documents that you will present on the day of the test. If it does not, you may be prohibited from taking the test or your test scores may be canceled after you take the test.
- Be sure to provide your entire first (given) name (excluding accents, apostrophes and spaces). Do not register under a nickname and do not register with only an initial as your first name.
- You must supply your entire last (family/surname) name. If you have a two-part last name, be sure to supply your complete last name as it appears on the ID documents (excluding accents, apostrophes and spaces) that you will present on the day of the test. For example, a last name of Fernandez de Córdova would be entered as FernandezdeCordova.
- If you do not have a last or surname, enter your Given Name as your first name and again as your last or surname.
- If you register by phone, please be sure you are registered under your entire first and last names as they appear on your ID (excluding accents, apostrophes and spaces).
- If your online account has already been created, please confirm that the name on your ID documents still matches the name that appears in your account (excluding accents, apostrophes and spaces). If they do not, contact GRE® Services.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your ID documents exactly (excluding accents, apostrophes and spaces) match the name you used when you registered.
Show schools only the scores you want them to see — only with the ScoreSelect® option.
Check out our FREE Official test prep then browse the ETS Store for our $7 prep videos, Official Practice Question Guides and more.
The official POWERPREP® II software is as close to the actual test as you can get and it includes two practice tests. Download it today for Mac® and PC use!