Register for the Paper-delivered GRE® revised General Test
Paper-delivered GRE® revised General Test administrations are offered up to three times a year in areas of the world where computer-delivered testing is not available. You can register for a paper-delivered administration online or by mail.
- You need to create or have a My GRE Account to register online. Note: The name you use when you create your My GRE Account will also be the name used when you register for a GRE® test. Therefore, it must exactly match (excluding accents, apostrophes and spaces) the name on the identification (ID) documents that you will present on the day of your GRE test. If it does not, you may be prohibited from taking the test or your test scores may be canceled after you take the test. For example, a last name of Fernandez de Córdova would be entered as FernandezdeCordova.
- Payment methods include: credit/debit card (American Express®, Discover®, JCB®, MasterCard® or VISA®), E-Check (drawn against U.S. bank accounts only), and voucher numbers.
Note that ETS reserves the right to add or delete payment options at its own discretion and without notice.
- Online registration is not available to examinees testing in Nigeria
- Online registration is not available for test takers with disabilities or health-related needs. Please see Disability Accommodations.
- Mail registration — Preferred payment method is by certified check, money order or voucher numbers.
- Download and complete the Registration Form for the Paper-delivered GRE® revised General Test and mail it with payment to the address printed on the form. The form must be received at ETS by the registration deadline. Allow four weeks for processing. Registration forms cannot be faxed.
Registration Code Lists
- Paper-delivered Test Center List — For individuals completing the 2014–15 Registration Form for the paper-delivered GRE revised General Test
- Institutions and Fellowship Sponsors Approved to Receive GRE Scores
- Department and Major Field Codes
- Citizenship and Country or Region Codes and State and Territory Codes
After your registration has been processed, you will receive an email from ETS notifying you that your admission ticket is available in your My GRE Account. The admission ticket confirms your test choice, test date, test center and score recipients.
You will need to print your admission ticket and bring it to the test center on the day of the test. An admission ticket will NOT be sent to you by postal mail. To print your admission ticket, log in to your My GRE Account and select "View or Print Admission Ticket." If you are unable to print your ticket, contact GRE Services at least 10 days before your test date and an admission ticket will be emailed to you.
Attached to your admission ticket is a correction stub. Use the correction stub to correct personal data, or to add, delete or change score recipients. Name changes cannot be submitted on the correction stub. Your correction stub must be received at ETS by the Friday before your registered test date.
Register for the GRE revised General Test
Show schools only the scores you want them to see — only with the ScoreSelect® option.
and check out the $4.99 mobile app. Start practicing today!
Get more questions! New Verbal & Quant Guides with 150 never-before-published questions each. Save up to 30% on select test prep now.