Testing Arrangements for Paper-delivered Tests
Supplementary Test Centers
If you are more than 125 (201 kilometers) miles from the nearest center scheduled to administer the paper-delivered GRE® revised General Test or GRE® Subject Tests, you may request a supplementary center. Your request must:
- accompany your completed registration form and fees
- be received by the supplementary test center registration deadline
- include the name and complete address of an institution and staff member willing to administer the test
- indicate if you would prefer another test date or a refund since centers cannot be guaranteed
- explain why the available test centers are not suitable
Monday testing will be arranged only for those whose religious convictions prevent them from testing on Saturday. To register, mail your Registration Form for the Paper-delivered GRE® revised General Test, fees and letter — signed by your cleric on letterhead stationery — confirming your affiliation with a recognized religious body whose convictions prevent you from testing on Saturday.
- Your request must be received by the Monday administration registration deadline.
- Leave the test center number blank on your registration form, but indicate the city and state where you wish to test.
- You will be assigned to the closest available center within 125 miles for locations that are scheduled for Saturday test dates.
- No standby testing is permitted.
Standby testing may be available if sufficient space, test materials and staff are available at the test center. If you'd like to attempt to test as a standby, report to the test center by 8:15 a.m. with:
- a completed Registration Form for the Paper-delivered GRE® revised General Test
- payment (including the registration and standby testing fee)
- acceptable photo ID
Standby registration is not available for Monday testing, testing in Iran or for those requesting disability or health-related testing accommodations.
- Accommodations for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-related Needs
- Test Centers, Test Dates and Seat Availability