Rescheduling Your Test Registration
The policies for rescheduling your test registration are as follows.
- You must change your GRE® General Test registration no later than four days before your test date or your test fee will be forfeited. For example: the deadline to reschedule a Saturday appointment at a testing location in the United States is Tuesday.
- The fee to reschedule your test registration is US$50.
- Rescheduling is permitted in the same testing year (July 1–June 30).
- If you do not reschedule your test registration as indicated above, your full test fee will be forfeited.
- Testing fees and registrations are not exchangeable between the GRE® General Test and GRE® Subject Tests.
You can reschedule your test registration in one of two ways:
- online through your ETS Account
- by calling, faxing or writing GRE® Services
If sending your request by mail or fax, be sure to include your name, date of birth, address, registration number, test date, preferred test center and new test date. You must also include the US$50 rescheduling fee. Requests sent by mail must be received no later than four full days prior to your scheduled test date.
Changing Your Test Center
The fee to change your test center is US$50. Test center changes cannot be guaranteed but will be made as space permits. You can also report to the preferred test center on the test day with your confirmation email. If the center can accommodate you and the test you need is available, there is no additional charge.
You can change your test center in one of two ways:
Canceling Your Test Registration
The policies for canceling your test registration are as follows.
- If you cancel your registration no later than four days prior to your test date, you will receive a refund equivalent to half of the original test fee. For example, the deadline to cancel a Saturday appointment and get a refund is Tuesday. See Payment and Refund Policies.
- Testing fees and registrations are not exchangeable between the GRE General Test and GRE Subject Tests.
- If you are taking the test in Korea, see the specific refund policy for test takers in Korea.
You can cancel your test in one of two ways:
If canceling by email, be sure to include your name, date of birth, address, registration number and test date.
Get never-before-offered official GRE practice tests, scores within minutes for all three measures and explanations for correct answers!
Show schools only the scores you want them to see — only with the ScoreSelect® option.
Check out our FREE Official test prep and shop our Official Practice Question Guides and more.