Before you begin the registration process, review the checklist below to familiarize yourself with the various policies and procedures, available services and registration options.
- Check the test fees.
- Read the reschedule and cancellation policies.
- Read and understand the ID requirements. You are responsible for bringing valid and acceptable ID when you report to a test center, and it must match the name you used when creating your account and registering for your test.
- Check test dates to decide when you would like to take the test. Be sure to allow sufficient time for score reporting when scheduling your test so you can meet the admissions deadlines for the schools to which you are applying.
- Check the online registration system for the most up-to-date test center information. Not all test centers are open on all dates.
- Determine which graduate institutions or fellowship sponsors you want to receive your scores. As part of your test fee, you may request that scores be sent to as many as four graduate institutions or fellowship sponsors. You will choose score recipients when registering for a Subject Test.
- Decide which ScoreSelect® option you will choose when registering for a Subject Test.
- If you prefer to send score reports later or want to send score reports to more than four recipients, you can send additional score reports for a fee.
- Learn about the FREE GRE® Search Service. You will have the option to sign up for the Search Service when you register for a Subject Test.
Ready to take a GRE® Subject Test?
Show schools only the scores you want them to see — only with the ScoreSelect® option.
Nobody knows our tests better than we do. We offer free practice tests and tips to help you prepare for your GRE Subject Test. Check them out today.