Testing Accommodations Available for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-related Needs
Note: If you would like to request accommodations other than those listed below, you must describe them in Part II of the Testing Accommodations Request Form which can be found in the Bulletin Supplement on pages 14–15.
Extended Testing Time
All tests are timed.
- 50 percent (time and one-half)
- 100 percent (double time; documentation required)
Note: Breaks are not included in testing time (can be used for medication, snacks, trips to the restroom, etc.).
Assistance for Spoken Directions Only
- Oral interpreter1
- Sign language interpreter1
- Printed copy of spoken directions1
Assistance for Note Taking
- Braille slate and stylus2
- Perkins brailler2
Alternate Test Formats
- Large-print test book
- Large-print answer sheet
- Recorded audio
1Only applicants who are deaf or hard-of-hearing
2Only applicants who are blind or have low vision
- 2012–13 Bulletin Supplement for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-related Needs
- 2012–13 Bulletin Supplement for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-related Needs (screen reader version)
- Resources for Test Takers with Disabilities and Health-related Needs
Ready to take a
GRE® Subject Test?
New ScoreSelectSM Option
Send institutions the scores that reflect your personal best.
Learn more >
Test Prep from ETS
Nobody knows our tests better than we do. We offer free practice tests and tips to help you prepare for your GRE Subject Test.
Learn more >