- Valid and acceptable identification. (See below for more information.)
- Bring your confirmation email that you receive after your registration is processed. The confirmation email confirms your test choice, test date, test center and score recipients.
- Bring three or four sharpened No. 2 or HB pencils and a good eraser (pencils and erasers will not be supplied at the test center). Mechanical pencils and pens are not permitted.
Making Corrections to Confirmation Email
After your registration has been processed, you will receive a confirmation email from ETS that confirms your test choice, test date, test center and score recipients. To correct personal data, or to add, delete or change score recipients, contact GRE Services. To make changes, you must contact GRE Services by the Friday before your registered test date.
If you do not bring valid and acceptable ID, or if the name on your ID does not exactly match the name on your registration, you will not be permitted to test and your test fee will not be refunded.
As outlined in The Name You Use When Registering, you are responsible for ensuring that the name you used to register exactly matches (excluding accents, apostrophes and spaces) the name on the ID document(s) you will present at the test center. For example, a last name of Fernandez de Córdova would be entered as FernandezdeCordova.
- If the test administrator questions the ID you present, you may be required to provide supplemental ID. If positive confirmation cannot be made, you may not be permitted to test or your test score may be withheld.
- All test takers are encouraged to bring at least two forms of acceptable ID each time they report to a test center. Prior admission to a test center based on a given ID document does not assure that that document will be considered acceptable. Test centers are not required to hold your seat if you leave the center to obtain acceptable identification.
- Admission to the test center does not assure that the ID you provided is valid or that your scores will be reported. All reported cases of questionable ID are subject to review and approval by the ETS Office of Testing Integrity either during or after the test administration. ETS reserves the right to withhold and/or cancel scores in the event that the ID requirements set forth herein are not met.
- You may be required to show your ID and/or to sign a test center log at various points throughout the test administration.
- Your test fees will not be refunded if you are not permitted to test or if your scores are withheld or canceled because of invalid or unacceptable ID.
Ready to take a GRE® Subject Test?
Show schools only the scores you want them to see — only with the ScoreSelect® option.
Nobody knows our tests better than we do. We offer free practice tests and tips to help you prepare for your GRE Subject Test. Check them out today.