What to Bring
- Valid and acceptable identification. (See below for more information.)
- Bring your admission ticket, which is sent to you by mail and available online after your registration is processed. The admission ticket confirms your test choice, test date, test center and score recipients.
- Bring three or four sharpened No. 2 or HB pencils and a good eraser (pencils and erasers will not be supplied at the test center). Mechanical pencils and pens are not permitted.
Your Admission Ticket/Correction Stub
- When you receive your admission ticket, check it carefully to make sure your identifying information, address and score recipients are correct.
- If not correct, make the changes on the correction stub (name changes are not allowed, but misspellings can be corrected) and mail it to the address printed on the form. You may also fax the form to 1-610-290-8975 or email your corrections to email@example.com.
- Your correction stub must be received at ETS by the Friday before your registered test date
- If your admission ticket does not arrive at least 10 days before the test date, or if you lose it, you can view and print your admission ticket online. You will need to create or have a My GRE Account to use this service.
If you do not bring valid and acceptable ID, or if the name on your ID does not exactly match the name on your registration, you will not be permitted to test and your test fee will not be refunded.
As outlined in The Name You Use When Registering, you are responsible for ensuring that the name you used to register exactly matches (excluding accents and spaces) the name on the ID document(s) you will present at the test center. For example, a last name of Fernandez de Córdova would be entered as FernandezdeCordova.
- If the test administrator questions the ID you present, you may be required to provide supplemental ID. If positive confirmation cannot be made, you may not be permitted to test or your test score may be withheld.
- All test takers are encouraged to bring at least two forms of acceptable ID each time they report to a test center. Prior admission to a test center based on a given ID document does not assure that that document will be considered acceptable. Test centers are not required to hold your seat if you leave the center to obtain acceptable identification.
- Admission to the test center does not assure that the ID you provided is valid or that your scores will be reported. All reported cases of questionable ID are subject to review and approval by the ETS Office of Testing Integrity either during or after the test administration. ETS reserves the right to withhold and/or cancel scores in the event that the ID requirements set forth herein are not met.
- You may be required to show your ID and/or to sign a test center log at various points throughout the test administration.
- Your test fees will not be refunded if you are not permitted to test or if your scores are withheld or canceled because of invalid or unacceptable ID.
Ready to take a
GRE® Subject Test?
Show schools only the scores you want them to see — only with the ScoreSelectSM option.
Official Test Prep from ETS
Nobody knows our tests better than we do. We offer free practice tests and tips to help you prepare for your GRE Subject Test. Check them out today.