Helping you help your students succeed.
How can you show solid evidence of your students' skill levels in critical general education areas? The HEIghten® Outcomes Assessment Suite can help. This innovative, modular, computer-delivered assessment tool enables colleges and universities to measure the student learning outcomes (SLOs) that are essential for academic success.
The HEIghten assessment suite gives you the power to:
- demonstrate solid evidence of your students' skill levels in critical general education areas — and show the value your educators bring to student learning
- share this information with faculty, accrediting bodies, policymakers, students and their families, and employers
- make better-informed decisions to enhance curriculum, improve the overall learning experience and achieve your institution's goals
- benchmark your students' scores against similar institutions and evaluate improvement over time
Why Choose the HEIghten Outcomes Assessment Suite?
- Flexible, customizable modular format. Choose any or all of the five assessment modules — Civic Competency & Engagement, Critical Thinking, Intercultural Competency & Diversity, Quantitative Literacy and Written Communication — and add up to 50 locally authored, multiple-choice questions and nine demographic questions to meet specific program needs.
- Get the full picture. Combine the standardized results from the HEIghten assessment suite with your internal assessments for a comprehensive view of student performance.
- Accurate and reliable evidence. The HEIghten assessment suite is aligned with national frameworks and the latest education research and policies.
- Actionable, easy-to-use information. Score reports are designed for ease of use, providing summary and detailed views, subscores, and proficiency levels with performance descriptors.
- Convenient administration. Assess students via computer, on campus or remotely. Each module takes approximately 45 minutes, so you can fit it into one class period with minimal impact on faculty or students. You also have the option to administer the test nonproctored.
- The help you need to succeed. Rely on ETS Assessment Insights workshops to help you smoothly implement the assessment suite.
For more information about how the HEIghten Outcomes Assessment Suite can be used at your institution, contact an ETS Advisor.
View Our Webinars
Discover why the HEIghten Outcomes Assessment Suite is the right student learning outcomes tool for you.
Get practical strategies to turn data into action at your institution
Order tests, manage test administrations, run reports (for existing customers only)