The iSkills™ Assessment
ETS has a long history of effectively helping institutions satisfy accreditation requirements and measure student performance. And, as the conversations around student learning outcomes and the shifting higher education landscape continue, it is important to work with a market leader who can provide valid and reliable data now and position you for the future.
Get the Valid, Actionable Data You Need to Demonstrate Critical Thinking in a Digital Environment
Your students need essential digital skills for the 21st century. You need an assessment that can measure and demonstrate student ability while optimizing your time and resources. The iSkills™ assessment from ETS is an outcomes-based assessment that measures the ability to think critically in a digital environment through a range of real-world tasks. This one-hour exam:
- Features real-time, scenario-based tasks that measure an individual's ability to navigate, understand and critically evaluate the variety of information available through digital technology
- Tasks mirror the way individuals use information in academic, business and personal contexts
- Test content is balanced among the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, practical affairs and popular culture
- Delivers individual and group data for multiple uses, that can help you:
- Meet information literacy and digital fluency requirements for accreditation and accountability initiatives and performance funding
- Demonstrate program effectiveness
- Enhance and develop curriculum
- Evaluate students and make better placement decisions
- Helps motivate students to participate and perform well on the assessment by allowing your students to earn a Certificate of Achievement based on their performance
- Can also be used for placement and opt-out coursework, and to help identify when interventions are needed for students
Developed with the assistance of leaders from both two- and four-year colleges, the iSkills assessment requires students to demonstrate their ability to synthesize many different types of data and make sound judgments about what's accurate, relevant and useful. The assessment gauges how well students:
- Evaluate the usefulness and sufficiency of information for a specific purpose
- Create, generate or adapt information to express and support a point
- Communicate information to a particular audience or in a different medium
- Define an information problem or formulate a research statement
- Access, summarize and integrate information from a variety of digital sources
The Evolving Curriculum: Measuring the Effectiveness of Change
Sponsored by ETS and developed by Inside Higher Ed, this webinar and compilation of articles discuss some of the strategies and ideas involved in the evolving curriculum of higher education — and how institutions are measuring the effectiveness of change. View the webinar or download the content booklet.
Accreditation and Student Learning
Sponsored by ETS and developed by Inside Higher Ed, this webinar and compilation of articles discuss the role of accreditation as it relates to student learning outcomes and how it has evolved. View the webinar or download the content booklet.
When and Where Do Students Take the Exam?
There are no preset test administration dates. Testing is conducted at your convenience. The test is administered in a proctored environment on a computer employing the iSkills assessment secure browser. The online, proctored test can be administered on-campus by your staff or off-campus using a remote proctoring service. The newly introduced off-campus testing option provides the flexibility to securely test remote students or students studying with online courses.
For more information about the iSkills assessment, contact an ETS advisor at 1-800-745-0269 or email email@example.com. ETS Advisors are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m. ET.
See how ETS's Higher Education solutions can help you with accreditation and more.
Order tests, manage test administrations, run reports (for existing customers only)