ETS Licensing Policies
ETS tests and related test materials, publications, reports and other materials in all forms of media are copyrighted. Follow the instructions below to request the permission necessary for you to reproduce ETS copyrighted material. Permissions are only granted in writing. Verbal grants of permission are not considered binding.
How to Obtain Permission To Use ETS Copyrighted Material
1. Select a Permission Request Form
- For permission to reproduce ETS copyrighted materials, including test questions for research purposes, please complete the Research Permissions Request Form.
- For permission to reproduce ETS copyrighted materials, including test questions for any other purpose, please complete the General Permissions Request Form.
2. Tell Us How You Plan to Use Our Material
- Describe how you want to use the material (e.g., in a book, a newsletter, research, test preparation, or other).
- Explain if you plan to charge a fee, directly or indirectly, such as through test preparation courses.
- Be specific and indicate your deadline.
3. Read the ETS Licensing Policies.
You will be required to make appropriate informational use of our trademarks and to use the credit line and disclaimer that ETS will provide. Based on your use of our copyrighted material, a fee may be required.
Permission requests to use ETS copyrighted materials on the web will not be granted.
We will respond to your request in writing within two to four weeks from the date when we receive your request. Requests may be denied or responses delayed if you have not provided all necessary information.
Contact the Permission Administrator by email at email@example.com, or by fax at 1-609-683-2930.