ETS Launches Enhanced GRE® Website
New site offers essential tools for college students
considering graduate and professional school
- Mark I. McNutt
- Mark I. McNutt
Princeton, N.J. (October 8, 2009) —
Educational Testing Service (ETS), creator of the GRE® General Test and Subject Tests, has launched an updated version of its popular site TakeTheGRE.com that includes information on a host of new tools to help students get noticed by graduate and professional schools.
By placing important resources right at the fingertips of students applying to graduate and professional school, the enhanced usability of TakeTheGRE.com makes registering for the GRE tests, obtaining free practice material and planning for test day simpler, faster and easier than ever.
Features of the new GRE web experience include:
- Quick insight on the GRE tests
- Sample GRE test questions and official GRE test prep tools, plus access to free test prep materials for more practice
- A useful step-by-step guide on how to register for the GRE tests
- Info on the ETS® Personal Potential Index® (ETS® PPI), an exciting new tool that gives students the opportunity to provide graduate and professional schools with information that goes beyond test scores and letters of recommendation. ETS PPI lets students demonstrate abilities like creativity, resilience, communications and teamwork, to give a more complete picture. Four free ETS PPI reports are included with GRE® General Test registration
- Info about the GRE® Search Service that helps match applicants with the right participating schools and fellowship sponsors – free for students
- The new ETS My Credentials Vault® service, which provides applicants a secure and easy way to collect, store and manage confidential letters of recommendation — essential parts of the application process
- And more...
“Part of our mission is to support students by giving them the resources they need to succeed,” says David Payne, Vice President and COO for College and Graduate Programs at ETS. “This enhanced GRE website provides students with helpful tools and guidance that will reduce their stress and answer their most important questions.”
For more information, visit TakeTheGRE.com
At nonprofit ETS, we advance quality and equity in education for people worldwide by creating assessments based on rigorous research. ETS serves individuals, educational institutions and government agencies by providing customized solutions for teacher certification, English language learning, and elementary, secondary and post-secondary education, as well as conducting education research, analysis and policy studies. Founded in 1947, ETS develops, administers and scores more than 50 million tests annually — including the TOEFL® and TOEIC® tests, the GRE® test and The Praxis Series™assessments — in more than 180 countries, at over 9,000 locations worldwide.