New TOEFL® Website Designed to Help Students Succeed
- Tom Ewing
- Tom Ewing
Princeton, N.J. (August 13, 2009) —
Educational Testing Service (ETS), creator of the TOEFL® test, has launched a new TOEFL web experience at www.toeflgoanywhere.org that offers new tools, more test preparation, and step-by-step guidance to help students succeed on the world's most popular English-language admission test.
The new web property celebrates the TOEFL community of students, educators and admissions professionals around the world. The site provides resources to make registering for the test, practicing, planning and locating universities simpler for test takers. Officials of the TOEFL program believe these improvements will be appreciated by the more than one million test takers who visit www.toeflgoanywhere.org each month.
Features of the new TOEFL web experience include:
- A search tool designed to help students find test centers and universities around the world that accept TOEFL scores
- Sample test questions and official TOEFL test prep tools
- A robust "Prepare & Practice" section featuring tips from test takers and educators
- A downloadable "Tips" guide
- A helpful timeline of what test takers need to do before test day
- A useful step-by-step guide on how to register for the TOEFL test
- An overview on what to expect on test day (including what you need to bring with you)
- The "Study Group" video series, which features tips for international students taking the TOEFL test.
"ETS's mission is to help test takers succeed with their educational goals and to promote learning and performance," says Dr. Philip Tabbiner, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Business Development, Partnerships and Global for ETS. "Our new TOEFL website provides students with helpful preparation tips and guidance that will help reduce their stress and answer their most important questions. Our goal with this new TOEFL website is to create an online resource that enables students to do their best on the TOEFL test, an important admission tool."
At nonprofit ETS, we advance quality and equity in education for people worldwide by creating assessments based on rigorous research. ETS serves individuals, educational institutions and government agencies by providing customized solutions for teacher certification, English language learning, and elementary, secondary and post-secondary education, as well as conducting education research, analysis and policy studies. Founded in 1947, ETS develops, administers and scores more than 50 million tests annually — including the TOEFL® and TOEIC® tests, the GRE® test and The Praxis Series™ assessments — in more than 180 countries, at over 9,000 locations worldwide. www.ets.org