Test Takers Whose Primary Language Is Not English (PLNE)
Testing accommodations (extended testing time) may be available for test takers whose primary language is not English (PLNE). Test takers who meet ETS requirements will be allowed 50 percent additional testing time. Some exclusions apply.*
How to Register
Test takers should complete and include the following:
- A completed Certification of Documentation form. The Program has the right to request further verification, if needed, of the professional's credentials and expertise relevant to the Certification of Documentation form. An embossed school seal must be affixed over the signature on the Certification of Documentation form or the signature must be notarized.
- A completed Eligibility Form for Test Takers Whose Primary Language Is Not English. This form must be completed each time the test taker registers for PLNE accommodations.
- A completed registration form and appropriate fees.
Mail all materials together to:
ETS — ParaPro Assessment
PO Box 382065
Pittsburgh, PA 15251-8065
PLNE testing is offered on the following test dates. Please note: registration materials must be received at ETS by the deadlines listed below:
Must Be Received by:
Must Be Received by
(with $45 Extended Reg Fee):
- Requests received at ETS after these dates, incomplete requests and requests received on outdated forms will be returned unprocessed.
- All documentation must be approved before the test date.
- The program will make every effort to evaluate all requests in a timely manner. If further information and verification is needed by ETS, it's possible that testing will be delayed until the next applicable test date.
- All registration must be done through ETS.
Using the PLNE Test Center List, write the test center, code, name and location in the Test Center section of the registration form. Please note that PLNE is not offered at all test centers.
If you have previously registered and your request for accommodation has been approved by ETS, you may request the same testing accommodation for subsequent test dates. To reregister, submit a completed eligibility form (indicating your candidate ID number and the test date for which documentation was approved and on file at ETS), together with a registration form and appropriate fees, by the registration closing dates.
- This service is not available for language tests.
- Standby registration is not available.
- Test and/or test center changes or additions are not available.