Test Center Procedures
To ensure fairness to all test takers, the following testing guidelines are in place. Please be mindful of these guidelines, as test takers can be dismissed from a test session and have their scores canceled by ETS if they:
- attempt to take the test for someone else or have someone else take the test for them
- fail to provide acceptable and valid identification with name, signature and photograph. Your name as it appears on your ID must match the name you used when you registered.
- obtain improper access to the test, a part of the test or information about the test
- bring or use a telephone, cell phone, smartphone, smart watch, or other electronic, photographic, scanning, listening or recording device in their possession at the test center. If you are seen with any such devices at the test center, you will be dismissed from the test, forfeit your test fees and your scores will be cancelled by ETS. If you are seen ACCESSING any such device for ANY reason, in addition to the above conditions, the device will be confiscated and inspected.
- use any aids in connection with the test, such as mechanical pencils, scan pens or devices, calculators, watch calculators, books, pamphlets, notes, rulers, highlighter pens, stereos or radios with headphones, earplugs, watch alarms (including those with flashing lights or alarm sounds), stop watches, digital watches, dictionaries, translators, compasses, protractors, rulers and any prohibited devices
- create a disturbance (Disruptive behavior in any form won't be tolerated; the test administrator/supervisor has sole discretion in determining what constitutes disruptive behavior.)
- attempt to give or receive assistance or otherwise communicate in any manner with another person about the content of the test or answers during the administration of the test, during breaks or after the test
- remove or attempt to remove test content from the test center (Under no circumstances may test content or any part of the test content be removed, reproduced and/or disclosed by any means [e.g., hard copy, verbally, electronically] to any person or entity.)
- tamper with a computer
- attempt to remove scratch paper from the testing room
- bring a weapon or firearm into the test center
- bring food, drink or tobacco into the testing room
- leave the test center vicinity during the test session or during breaks
- leave the testing room without permission
- take excessive or extended unscheduled breaks during the test session (Test center supervisors are required to strictly monitor unscheduled breaks and report test takers who take excessive or extended breaks.)
- refer to, look through or work on any test or test section when not authorized to do so or work after time has been called
- fail to follow any of the test administration regulations contained in the ParaPro Assessment Information and Registration Bulletin, given by the test administrator/supervisor or specified in any test material
ETS reserves the right to take all action, including (but not limited to) barring test takers from future testing and/or canceling scores for failure to comply with test administration regulations or the test administrator/supervisor's directions. If a test taker's scores are canceled, they won't be reported and test fees won't be refunded.
Other than ID, personal items aren't allowed in the testing room. Storage space for test takers' personal items may not be available in all test centers, so please plan accordingly. Test centers assume no responsibility for candidates' personal belongings.
Waiting areas at test centers are small. Friends or relatives who accompany test takers to the test center won't be permitted to wait in the test center or contact them during testing.
Licensing or certification agencies (if applicable) will be notified of any test takers involved in misconduct. Signature identification may be sent to agencies for verification. Also, test takers' answers may be compared to verify score validity. On the day of the test, ETS may photograph or videotape test takers as they check in or during the actual test. This procedure doesn't eliminate the requirement for appropriate identification documents.
ID verification at the test center may include thumb printing, photographing, videotaping or some other form of electronic biometric ID confirmation. If you refuse to participate, you will not be permitted to test and you will forfeit your test fees. This is in addition to the requirement that you must present acceptable and valid identification.
You may be asked to remove your watch and to store it during the test administration.
The test administrator will assign you a seat.
On occasion, weather conditions or other circumstances beyond the test administrator's or ETS's control may require a delayed start or the rescheduling of your test. If you anticipate inclement weather in your area on test day, check your test center's website and/or local news and radio station broadcasts for updates. Test center cancellations will be posted at www.ets.org/parapro as received.