You are required to obtain and submit to ETS permission forms for the artifacts that you submit with your task response as evidence. This includes:
- student work samples
- photographs of students or adults
- videos that include the appearance/voice of adults
- observations, letters and other materials supplied by colleagues or other adults
The permission forms to be used may be found in the links below:
- Student Release — complete the sections indicated and provide this form to the parent/guardian of any student under the age of 18. A Spanish version is available.
- Student 18+ Release — complete the sections indicated and provide this form to any student who is 18 or over.
- Adult Release
Do not remove identifying information from permission forms.
Student and Adult Work Submitted as Artifacts
In order for your responses to be scored fairly and to protect the identity of students and adults, it is extremely important that, in your task responses and artifacts, you do not identify:
- your students
- your colleagues
- your school or the city/town in which your school is located
Instead, to keep identities safe, do the following:
- refer to students as "Student 1," "Student 2"
- refer to colleagues as "Colleague 1," "Colleague 2" and so on
- refer to places as "my school" or "my district"
- remove identifiers from artifacts by simply crossing them out with a marker or by covering them with correction tape or fluid before scanning
Videos Submitted as Artifacts
We recommend that you practice the videotaping a couple times to get you and your colleagues comfortable with being recorded. It's possible that you may make a video suitable for submission even if you are only intending to practice.
Given the importance of privacy with regard to the videos, it is your responsibility to keep the video files secure. Do not use videos for any purpose other than to fulfill the requirements of this assessment. Do not upload videos to websites other than the online submission system.
Submitting Permission Forms
Prior to completing the assessment, you must scan and upload the approved permission forms to ETS via the online submission system. Refer to the Submission System User Guide for instructions for submitting permission forms.
You will not be able to submit the last task if permission forms have not been uploaded to the permission forms upload area. You will be required to upload permission forms again when resubmitting your task(s).