Getting Started with the ETS® Personal Potential Index
You can now log in to the ETS® PPI evaluation system. Simply refer to this page for an overview of account creation and maintenance.
If you registered for the GRE® General Test on or after May 1, 2009, or you register to take the GRE® revised General Test, you qualify to receive up to four free ETS PPI Evaluation Reports as part of your test fee. Additional reports can be ordered for $20 each.
- Log in to the ETS PPI system and create an ETS PPI applicant account.
- Enter your name exactly as it appears in your GRE revised General Test registration (if applicable) to ensure receipt of your four free ETS PPI Evaluation Reports.
- If you have not yet registered and intend to register for the GRE revised General Test, please do so and return to the ETS PPI page to ensure receipt of your four free ETS PPI Evaluation Reports.
- If you will not be a GRE revised General Test registrant, enter your name as it will appear in the application to your institution.
- A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you provide during account creation.
- Once you have created your ETS PPI account, the next step is to add contact information for your evaluator(s).
- First, ask your professors or others who can comment on your personal attributes if they would be willing to fill out an evaluation that should take about 15 minutes to complete. Make sure you have their correct email addresses, and let them know they will be receiving an email message from ETS with access to the ETS PPI system.
- Enter each evaluator's name, institution, email address and the requested completion date of the evaluation in the ETS PPI system. Come back at any time to add evaluators. You will be able to include up to five evaluators in an evaluation report, but you can include different evaluators in different reports.
- Once you have entered information for an evaluator, click "Send Request to Evaluator." An email request to complete your evaluation will be sent to them.
- The evaluator can accept or decline the request to complete an ETS PPI evaluation. You will receive an email confirmation from ETS indicating whether they have accepted or declined the request.
- If the evaluator accepts the request, he or she will log in to the ETS PPI system and complete an evaluation.
- Evaluators will respond to a series of 24 statements (four for each of the six dimensions) using a 5-point scale that ranges from "Below Average" to "Truly Exceptional." An evaluator also will provide an overall evaluation and may include comments about each of the six dimensions as well as any comments for the overall evaluation.
- You will receive an email from ETS when each evaluator has completed his or her evaluation.
- The status of evaluation requests can be viewed in your ETS PPI account under "Manage Evaluators and Evaluation Requests."
- Evaluations may be included in any ETS PPI Evaluation Report for up to five years from the date the evaluation was completed.
Once all your evaluations are completed, you can return to the ETS PPI system to:
- Designate the institution(s) you would like to receive an ETS PPI report. Most institutions that accept GRE test scores also accept ETS PPI reports.
- Choose up to five evaluators whose evaluations you want to include in each report.
- Review and pay for your order. If you registered for the GRE General Test on or after May 1, 2009, or you register to take the GRE revised General Test, you can send a report to up to four institutions at no charge. Additional reports can be sent for $20 each. Reports for other applicants cost $20 per report.
- Review your ETS PPI Evaluation Report order history and status.
For complete information on the ETS PPI evaluation, including technical information, system requirements and terms and conditions, see the 2011–12 ETS® Personal Potential Index Information Bulletin.
Get answers to frequently asked questions about ETS PPI.