ETS® Personal Potential Index (ETS® PPI)
Grades and test scores only tell part of the story about a graduate school applicant's potential for success. The ETS® Personal Potential Index (ETS® PPI) is an innovative, web-based tool that allows evaluators to provide reliable applicant-specific information about six key attributes that graduate deans and faculty have identified as essential for graduate study: knowledge and creativity, resilience, communication skills, planning and organization, teamwork, and ethics and integrity.
Created through more than a decade of research, ETS PPI is the first large-scale, quantifiable evaluation of personal attributes for use in graduate admissions. Along with test scores, undergraduate grades and letters of recommendation, ETS PPI shows a more complete picture of an applicant's potential for success in graduate and professional school. Benefits of using ETS PPI include the following:
- Show graduate schools a more complete picture of your potential for success.
- Request and track evaluations easily.
- Compare applicants and identify those who are more likely to persist and succeed.
- Increase the diversity of graduate programs.
- Access a convenient, easy-to-use online system to evaluate applicants' personal attributes.
- Share feedback quickly and easily with multiple institutions.
Learn more about the ETS PPI Evaluation Report and how it works.