General testing information for all applicants may be found in the Overview of Alabama Testing Requirements.
Visit the Educator Certification Section for information regarding these certification approaches.
The following approaches do not require Praxis® Subject Assessments (content tests), but may require tests other than Praxis Subject Assessments (content tests):
- Additional Certification in Driver and Traffic Safety Education Approach
- Adjunct Instructor Permit
- Career and Technical Additional Teaching Field Approach
- Career and Technical Additional Certificate in Cooperative Education Coordination Approach
- Career and Technical Temporary Certificate Approach
- Child Nutrition Program Director Certificate Approach
- Degree Equivalent Career and Technical Certificate Approaches
- Emergency Certificate Approach
- Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps Certificate Approach
- Speech-Language Pathology Assistant Approach
- Speech-Language Pathology Professional Educator Certificate Approach
- Speech-Language Pathology Temporary Certificate Approach