Alabama Certification Approaches for which there are No Required Praxis® Subject Assessments
General testing information for all applicants may be found in the Overview of Alabama Testing Requirements.
Visit the Educator Certification Section for information regarding the certification approaches.
The following approaches do not require Praxis® Subject Assessments (formerly the Praxis II® tests), but may require tests other than Praxis Subject Assessments:
- Additional Certification in Driver and Traffic Safety Education Approach
- Career and Technical Additional Teaching Field Approach
- Career and Technical Temporary Certificate Approach
- Emergency Certificate Approach
- Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps Certificate Approach
- Specialty Area Career and Technical Certificate Approaches
- Speech-Language Pathology Assistant Approach