Overview of American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) Certification Requirements
To Qualify for ASHA Certification in Audiology
The Praxis II® exam in audiology is an integral component of ASHA certification standards. To qualify for certification, an applicant must:
- Submit the completed and signed audiology certification application with appropriate dues/fees.
- Send an official graduate transcript that shows the graduate degree earned or a letter from the registrar or graduate program director confirming that the degree has been awarded.
- Receive a passing score on the Praxis II Audiology exam.
To Qualify for ASHA Certification in Speech-Language Pathology
The Praxis II exam in Speech-Language Pathology is used as a requirement for the ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence. To qualify, an applicant must:
- Submit the completed and signed Speech-Language Pathology certification application with appropriate dues/fees.
- Send an official graduate transcript that shows the graduate degree earned.
- Complete a mentored clinical fellowship, and submit the Speech-Language Pathology Clinical Fellowship Report and Rating Form.
- Receive a passing score on the Praxis II Speech-Language Pathology exam.
Learn more about The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) and ASHA Certification.
- ASHA requires a Social Security number (SSN) in order to process your certification paperwork. ETS does not require your SSN for its own purposes but will submit it to ASHA with your test results. Failure to provide your SSN could delay processing of your certification application.
- ETS is offering the Speech-Language Pathology test in a computer-delivered format that will be introduced in December 2012. Visit Test Centers and Dates to find testing centers near you. The computer-delivered version covers the same content as the paper-delivered version and is scored on the same scale; however, the computer-delivered test has a different test code.
- View important information about the Praxis II exam, including when to take the exam, appropriate uses of the exam and Praxis exam acceptability for ASHA's Certificate of Clinical Competence.
- Access details about score reports for the Praxis II Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology exams.
- About the Praxis™ Tests
- The Praxis Series™ Information Bulletin
- Prepare for a Test
- Register for a Test
- Accommodations for Test Takers with Disabilities