How to Qualify for Licensure
For initial certification in Indiana, all candidates must:
- Earn a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Complete an approved program of teacher education.
- Pass the Indiana CORE Assessments for Educator Licensure program (Indiana CORE Assessments). Get information on Indiana's new testing requirements.
- Earn a valid certification from either the American Red Cross or the American Heart Association in CPR-Heimlich Maneuver training.
- Complete suicide prevention training.
- Submit the appropriate licensing fees.
See Indiana's application quicklinks for standards forms and checklists for licensure.