Overview of Indiana Testing Requirements
Beginning September 1, 2015, candidates cannot take the Praxis® tests for Indiana educator licensure. All candidates must pass the Indiana CORE Assessments for Educator Licensure (Indiana CORE Assessments). For more information please go to the Indiana Department of Education website.
How to Qualify for Licensure
For initial certification in Indiana, all candidates must:
- Earn a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Complete an approved program of teacher education.
- Pass the Indiana CORE Assessments for Educator Licensure program (Indiana CORE Assessments). Get information on Indiana's new testing requirements.
- Earn a valid certification from either the American Red Cross or the American Heart Association in CPR-Heimlich Maneuver training.
- Complete suicide prevention training.
- Submit the appropriate licensing fees.
See Indiana's application quicklinks for standards forms and checklists for licensure.
Beginning September 1, 2015, the Praxis® Subject Assessments in Health and Physical Education are no longer accepted unless the test was taken and passed by August 31, 2015. Get information about the required pedagogy and content exams.