What Are They?
Praxis™ workshops for candidates familiarize participants with test content and provide convenient test preparation tools to help them prepare for The Praxis Series™ assessments.
Preparing for The Praxis I® Tests: What You Need to Know
This one-day workshop provides candidates with an overview of the Praxis I® assessment. The workshop includes three one-hour segments covering the Praxis I Mathematics, Reading and Writing sections. Each segment takes a close-up look at the content measured by the test.
Candidate Awareness for Praxis II® Tests
In this one-day workshop, candidates work with test content overviews to familiarize themselves with the test.
Both workshops provide participants the opportunity to review and discuss:
- what each test measures
- how the tests are constructed
- how to use free, online resources to create an individualized study plan
- tips for combating test anxiety
- strategies for taking the test
Who Takes Them?
Each workshop is recommended for teacher candidates who are planning to take the Praxis I or Praxis II® tests and would like to know how they can better prepare for test day.
What Are the Benefits?
These workshops help prepare your candidates for success.
Workshop attendees benefit from:
- a higher comfort level with the content and structure of the Praxis tests
- a better sense of how to analyze questions
- an opportunity to create a structured and effective study plan
- tips on studying and taking licensure tests
"The Praxis Candidate Awareness Workshop was very informative. It eased some of my concerns about this test. It made me forget about all the myths and untruths about Praxis II." Teacher Candidate, Southern University of New Orleans
Schedule a Praxis candidate workshop at your institution or in your district.