What Is It?
This six-hour workshop provides faculty with additional resources to help their teacher candidates pass The Praxis Series™ assessments.
"A Faculty Focus: Supporting Praxis™ Test Takers" participants will:
- explore factors that contribute to candidate success and examine resources available to faculty and students
- examine Praxis question types and specific challenges presented by different types of questions
- learn how to align curricula with Praxis test specifications as well as national standards
- use sample Praxis score reports to identify opportunities for curriculum development and improvement and explore ways to better advise and prepare students
- review your organization’s Institution Summary Report to understand candidate weaknesses and develop curricula to strengthen skills in weak areas
- participate in an authentic testing experience
Who Takes It?
This workshop is recommended for faculty and administrators who want to gain a deeper understanding of the Praxis tests and how to better prepare their students for the tests.
What Are the Benefits?
Your faculty will gain a better understanding of:
- topics assessed on the Praxis tests
- strategies for helping test takers overcome common test preparation hurdles
- how to augment or adapt instructional curricula to better prepare students for assessments
"The information shared by the facilitator in the Praxis Faculty Workshops proved to be invaluable. We took away great insight and overall information that will help us better prepare our teacher candidates. The professors and other staff not only enjoyed the workshop, but the energy and interaction of the workshop seemed to have recharged our team." Certification Support Specialist, Grambling State University
"Working with ETS to schedule and facilitate the Candidate Awareness Workshop has been a positive experience. They were patient, flexible and informative during the planning process. The workshop itself was a success. Our facilitator presented information specifically focused on the test-taking and test-preparation techniques that all participants found useful. We look forward to working with ETS again in the near future." Human Resources Data Specialist, Portland Public Schools
"Our students so much appreciated all the great information about Praxis and how best to prepare for the test. The facilitator did an excellent job of engaging the schools in the workshops." Director, School of Education, Montgomery College
"The presentation was excellent. The information presented re-emphasized many of the concepts discussed in class. The session was cost-effective yet did not sacrifice quality. This was one of the best test preparation investments we made this year." Director, Hinds Community College
Schedule a Praxis faculty workshop at your institution or in your district.