Overview of New York Certification Requirements
How to Qualify for Licensure
For initial certification in New York, all candidates must:
- Earn a baccalaureate degree.
- Complete an approved teacher educator program.
- Meet specified degree, coursework, assessment and experience requirements in the selected pathway chosen. For more information, access New York State's Certification from Start to Finish.
- Submit the appropriate application forms and fees.
In New York, you must take the Praxis II® test in the area of Speech-Language Pathology.
- About the Praxis® Tests
- The Praxis Series® Information Bulletin
- Prepare for a Test
- Register for a Test
- Alternative Route to Certification
- Accommodations for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-related Needs