Overview of New York Certification Requirements
How to Qualify for Licensure
For initial certification in New York, all candidates must:
- Earn a baccalaureate degree.
- Complete an approved teacher educator program.
- Meet specified degree, coursework, assessment and experience requirements in the selected pathway chosen. For more information, access New York State's Certification from Start to Finish.
- Submit the appropriate application forms and fees.
ETS is offering the Speech-Language Pathology test in a computer-delivered format that will be introduced in December 2012. Visit Test Centers and Dates to find testing centers near you. The computer-delivered version covers the same content as the paper-delivered version and is scored on the same scale; however, the computer-delivered test has a different test code.
In New York, you must take the Praxis II® test in the area of Speech-Language Pathology.
- About the Praxis™ Tests
- The Praxis Series™ Information Bulletin
- Prepare for a Test
- Register for a Test
- Alternative Route to Certification