The Teacher Standards and Practices Commission (TSPC) has initiated redevelopment of the tests that are needed for P–12 educator endorsements. A number of the Praxis® Subject Assessments have been phased out beginning on 9/1/2010; however, the Praxis Subject Assessments listed below will continue to be administered in Oregon on the dates and sites listed on this website. For information about the new assessment requirements for endorsements, go to http://www.oregon.gov/TSPC/Pages/index.aspx and click on test information.
Overview of Oregon Testing Requirements for Licensure in the Following Areas:
- Communications Disorders (Speech-Language Pathology)
- Early Intervention/Early Childhood
- Hearing Impaired
- Reading Specialist
- School Psychologist
- Speech Communication
- Technology Education
- Vision Impaired
- ETS discontinued paper-delivered testing; however, Praxis tests will continue to be available in a paper-delivered format as required for ADA accommodations. All scores for previously administered paper-delivered tests are reportable for 10 years from the date the test was taken.
- If you test in Oregon, your score report will be sent automatically to the Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission. If you test outside of Oregon, select the Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission (state code 8700) as a score recipient when you register or on an additional score report request.
- If you are seeking licensure in other areas, please contact TSPC at: email@example.com or visit our web page at: http://www.oregon.gov/TSPC/Pages/index.aspx
Who Must Take the Tests?
All new teacher candidates or those wishing to become licensed in Oregon in the above areas only must take the appropriate Praxis Subject Assessments.
- About the Praxis Tests
- The Praxis® Information Bulletin
- Prepare for a Test
- Register for a Test
- Accommodations for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-related Needs