Overview of Oregon Testing Requirements
The Teacher Standards and Practices Commission (TSPC) has initiated redevelopment of the tests that are needed for P–12 educator endorsements. A number of the Praxis II® tests have been phased out beginning on 9/1/2010; however, the Praxis II tests listed below will continue to be administered in Oregon on the dates and sites listed on this website. For information about the new assessment requirements for endorsements, go to http://oregon.gov/TSPC/index.shtml and click on test information.
Overview of Oregon Testing Requirements for Licensure in the Following Areas:
- Communications Disorders (Speech-Language Pathology)
- Early Intervention/Early Childhood
- Hearing Impaired
- Reading Specialist
- School Psychologist
- Speech Communication
- Technology Education
- Vision Impaired
- ETS is offering several additional tests in a computer-delivered format that will be introduced throughout the testing year. Visit Test Centers and Dates to find testing centers near you. The computer-delivered version covers the same content as the paper-delivered version and is scored on the same scale; however, the computer-delivered test has a different test code.
- Special Education: Preschool/Early Childhood (5691) — July 2014
- Special Education: Education of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Students (5272) — April 2014
- Special Education: Teaching Students with Visual Impairments (5282) — April 2014
- Speech Communication: Content Knowledge (5221) — December 2013
- Technology Education (5051) — July 2014
- If you test in Oregon, your score report will be sent automatically to the Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission. If you test outside of Oregon, select the Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission (state code 8700) as a score recipient when you register or on an additional score report request.
- If you are seeking licensure in other areas, please contact TSPC at: email@example.com or visit our web page at: http://oregon.gov/TSPC/index.shtml
Who Must Take the Tests?
All new teacher candidates or those wishing to become licensed in Oregon in the above areas only must take the appropriate Praxis II tests.
- About the Praxis™ Tests
- The Praxis Series™ Information Bulletin
- Prepare for a Test
- Register for a Test
- Accommodations for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-related Needs