The Praxis® Braille Proficiency test has two parts:
- A selected-response section assessing test taker’s ability to read Braille
- A performance-assessment section assessing test taker’s ability to produce embossed Braille text from printed text using both a slate and stylus and a manual braillewriter
- Test Fee:
- Test Time:
- 4 hours
- Test Code:
How to Register
Prior to registering, you must review The Praxis® Information Bulletin. The Bulletin contains program information, policies and contact information. Once you have reviewed the Bulletin, you can register for the Braille Proficiency test with a credit/debit card or PayPal® through your online account.
Dates and Deadlines
|Available in||Test Date||Regular Deadline||Extended Deadline|
|Virginia and West Virginia||9/17/2016||8/18/2016||8/25/2016|
|Virginia and West Virginia||11/12/2016||10/13/2016||10/20/2016|
|Virginia and West Virginia||3/18/2017||2/16/2017||2/23/2017|
|Virginia and West Virginia||6/17/2017||5/18/2017||5/25/2017|
Important Dates and Deadlines Information
- Not all test centers are open on all test dates.
- Accommodations for test takers whose primary language is not English are offered on all test dates.
- Registrations must be received by ETS by the deadlines listed above. Online registration deadlines are effective until 11:59 p.m. ET on the specified date. There is an extended registration fee of $75 if you do not register by the deadline.
- Scores are only available online. Log in to your Praxis account to view your score report. If you feel you did not perform to your potential on the test, you have the option to cancel your scores before they are reported. To cancel your test scores, contact ETS via phone (1-800-772-9476) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 5 p.m. ET on the Monday following your test date. Once you cancel your scores, they cannot be reinstated.
Note: The Braille Proficiency test (0633) is currently required in Virginia and West Virginia. Virginia test centers are listed below. West Virginia test centers will be announced soon.
|City||Center Name||Center Code|
|Alexandria||Brainseed Testing Center||24252|
|Charlottesville||University of Virginia||02131|
|Emory||Emory & Henry College||02218|
|Norfolk||Old Dominion University||02174|
|Richmond||Virginia Commonwealth University||02159|
|Roanoke||Roanoke Higher Education||19513|
|Wise||University of Virginia at Wise||02217|