Before you even arrive at the test center, there are a number of important things you should do:
- Verify your test location — Test locations sometimes change. Be sure to confirm your location before test day by logging into your Praxis® account.
- Print your admission ticket — Log in to your Praxis account, print a copy of your admission ticket and bring it with you to the test center. Your admission ticket is important because it contains the test center address and reporting time on test day. While you are not required to present it at the test center, test center personnel may ask you for it. It is better to have a hard copy because test personnel may not accept an image of the ticket on your phone.
- Assemble your identification (ID) documents — See ID requirements to be sure your documents will be accepted. You will not be admitted to the test without the correct documents.
- Review the list of important items to bring to your test center.
- Dress appropriately — Testing room conditions vary. Dress in layers to ensure you are ready for any room temperature.
- Review test center procedures and regulations.
- Make sure to arrive on time — Please plan to arrive at the test center at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment to allow time for check-in.
- Plan to be at the test center for longer than the test duration — Your test appointment includes 30 extra minutes prior to beginning the test to complete tutorials that will help familiarize you with the testing process.
Ready to take a Praxis® Test?
Now available! Build the reading, writing and mathematics skills you need to succeed on the Praxis Core tests with this free online resource.
Prepare for your test with interactive practice tests and study companions.