Test administrators and supervisors are authorized to dismiss you from a test session and your scores may be canceled by ETS for actions such as, but not limited to the following:
- attempting to take the test for someone else or having someone else take the test for you
- failing to provide acceptable identification
- obtaining improper access to the test, a part of the test or information about the test
- bringing a cell phone, smartphone, any watches, wearable technology, or other electronic, photographic, scanning, recording or listening device to the test center. Such devices are prohibited at the test center. If you bring these devices to the test center, you will be dismissed from the test, forfeit your test fees and will have your scores canceled by ETS. If you are seen using such a device at the center, in addition to the above conditions, the device will be confiscated and inspected. Test center staff are not permitted to hold personal items for test takers.
- using any aids in connection with the test, including, without limitation:
- calculators (except when approved as a testing accommodation)
- all watches
- books, pamphlets, notes, unauthorized scratch paper, rulers, pens, mechanical pencils, and highlighter pens
- scan pens or scan devices
- stereos or radios with headphones
- dictionaries, translators, compasses and protractors
- creating a disturbance — Disruptive behavior in any form will not be tolerated. The test administrator/supervisor has sole discretion in determining what constitutes disruptive behavior.
- attempting to give or receive assistance — Communication in any form is not permitted during the test administration. Discussion or sharing of test content or answers during the test or during breaks is prohibited. Discussion or sharing of test content or answers after the test is also prohibited.
- removing or attempting to remove any portion of test content, answers, scratch paper or notes from the test center — No test content or any part of the test content may be removed, reproduced or disclosed by any means (e.g., hard copy, verbally, electronically) under any circumstances to any person or entity.
- tampering with a computer
- attempting to remove any portion of the scratch paper from the testing room or using scratch paper during untimed sections or during a break. All paper, in its entirety, must be returned to the test center administrator at the end of the testing session.
- bringing weapons, firearms, food, beverages, tobacco, or electronic cigarettes into the testing room
- leaving the test center vicinity during the test session or during a break
- leaving the testing room without permission or before the test session is dismissed (except the unscheduled break during the testing session)
- taking excessive or extended unscheduled breaks during the test session — Test center supervisors are required to strictly monitor unscheduled breaks and report test takers who take excessive or extended breaks.
- referring to, looking through or working on any test or test section, when not authorized to do so, or working after time has been called
- failing to follow any of the test administration regulations contained in The Praxis® Tests Information Bulletin, given by the test administrator/supervisor or specified in any test materials
If you fail to comply with the test administration regulations or the test administrator or supervisor’s directions, ETS reserves the right to bar you from future testing and cancel your scores. If ETS cancels your scores, they will not be reported and your registration and test fees will not be refunded.
If you observe any behavior that may lead to an invalid score, email our Office of Testing Integrity as soon as possible. You may also call us at 1-800-353-8570 (United States, U.S. territories and Canada). All information is held in strictest confidence.
Ready to take a Praxis® Test?
Build the reading, writing and mathematics skills you need to succeed on the Praxis Core tests with this free online resource.
Prepare for your test with interactive practice tests and study companions.